Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Whats the fastest /cheapest way by boat from the belize city cruise dock to ambergris caye? Only have 8 hours to spend and want to make the most of it . Any Thoughts? Thanks folks !!

All the boats take about the same time -- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours each way. The most dependable are in my opinion the Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association boats which leave from the Marine Terminal (US$25 roundtrip).

It sounds like you are in Belize City on a cruise ship stop -- you are going to find it difficult to take a water taxi out and back in the time you have. You may want to do a tour that will in fact get to back to your ship before it leaves.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Lan , any websites that show time of departure from the cruise dock? We have 8 hours and I think we can make it back in time if it all works out! We really want to see san pedro and ambergris caye for future travel plans. We should get a good feel for ambergris in about three hours or so wouldn't you think? Thanks again lan

I'd fly! It only takes 30 minutes or less. Stay in town and schedule a return trip that is appropriately timed.You may have to choose between Tropic and Maya Air to get the times you need.

The Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association Boats leave Belize City for San Pedro at 9, noon and 3 and returning I think at 8, 11:30 and 2:30. Probably Marty (the owner of this site) has some ads for the other boats that make the trip.

Another option is to fly from the Municipal Airport. Flights about every hour or so, roughly Us$50 round-trip. You could boat over and fly back, or vice-versa.

--Lan Sluder

Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/
Fodor's Belize and Guatemala Guide
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
Adapter Kit: Belize
Fodor's UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists 2000
San Pedro Cool (coming soon)

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thanks folks for your suggestions> We want ot spend a couple weeks next year in belize and roatan and want to get a feel for things on this trip. Good suggestion on taking the boat over and flying back Thanks!!

S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Which airport is closer to the cruise dock/ The municipal airport or the international airport at belize city?

municipal

C
cjd Offline
C
Municipal is a blast to fly in and out of. I think its less than 2000 feet long, and sand. Dip the tail wheel in the water, full throttle, pull up when the front wheels start to get wet!

If you have the time I would certainly fly one way and ferry the other! Very cool scenery BOTH ways!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.