Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
my husband & i have been to san pedro twice, (total of 10 days) and we were never approached. never asked. not once.

we were a bit insulted...

R
R
The last trip we were there with our then 4 year old and were approached numerous times. It actually suprised us because neither one of fit the "image" everyone is referring to. I have to say it bothered me that they would approach us when we had our child with us.After you said no a few times they would leave you alone.

I have responded to similar threads like this one in the past.
You folks have obviously never been to Jamaica or any of the other Caribbean Islands or the far east.
The hustling you are refering to is-on a scale of 1 to 10- is a two.
Don't worry.
Your kids have & know how to deal with the same problems at home.
Mayhaps you have the blinders on again?
Jim

Jim
B
B
Jim, when we went to Jamaica, we didn't even make it out of the airport before we had it offered to us...in SP we had to wait 4 or 5 hours until that evening, but as most of the others have pointed out, nobody at least IMHO, beats you over the head about it

btw, I'm a gal, mid thirties, but I do have long hair...does that mean I fit the 'profile'? LOL

they never ask Rick but ALWAYS ask me??? C

Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
That's it....the long hair.....for the first time in my life I have long hair, just about as long as Jim's and finally they tried to sell me Weed.

Do you think the visor I wore on New Year's Eve, could have slipped, and created a blinder, while I was having a drink at Pier Lounge......LOL?

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 01-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 01-27-2002).]

Dare To Deviate
On my last trip the offers happened every day, But I will say It`s not nearly as bad as some other places I have been to. Yes I do fit the Image. I think It Is the long hair.

Drugs in San Pedro have been around for awhile. It seems that the highest resolve is not here to rid San Pedro of this Cancer.

Gone fishing!!
B
B
Cheri, you wild child!!! and you don't even have long hair (do you?) gina

M
M
When I woked at Chase (1 Chase Manhattan Plaza down in the Wall Street area), the place was litterally ringed with drug dealers selling not just "bags and joints, bags and joints", but "boy and girl", and anything else you wanted. Even David Rockefeller remarked on it one day -- they offered him something. I was acosted practically every day for something.

I will not comment on the state of our Treasury Department traders after London closed at noon.

My experience of SP is that it's relatively free of this trouble compared to other places I've been, but I think CHLOE was quite right to post this; people often think that they are leaving ALL their problems behind when they go on vacation. A good reminder for those with kids.

Mike Ryan

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.