Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I bought prepaid virtual phonecards at the www.belizeans.com website for calling Belize. The rate is $.0188 per minute which is the cheapest I have found anywhere. It has great rates to Panama too (and presumably anywhere else, you can do a search for any country) and also good rates for calling within the US.
You order online with a credit card in increments of $10 or $20, and they email you a PIN Number and the access number to dial.
Go to www.belizeans.com and then click the message board and click the link that says "buy phonecard" (link may be on the home page also...)
They also sell prepaid cards that will work for calling the US from Belize. They only had one card on the menu for that and I think it was around $.56 per minute or something like that which less than ATT, MCI, etc. will charge you for using their cards...and don't even think about what it costs to dial direct to the US from a phone in Belize...ouch!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Make sure you read the fine print on these cards, 60 cent weekly maint. fee, card totally expires after 90 days, 15% taxes added to each call. Dave

Does anyone in Belize use Call-back service?

Mel Berry
Houston Media Systems
www.dbstv.com
I've been told call-back service is illegal in Belize, at least as long as BTL is in power. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure. Didn't figure it was worth the $5000 fine I was told about to find out.

There was a big ta-do about it right about the same time all the internet telephony issues hit the fan.

It will be interesting to see what happens atthe end of this year. If BTL was smart and had a decent marketing director, they would be smoothing the ruffled feathers now so they can still have a company to compete with when new blood comes in.

They have pissed everybody off so bad now, people will switch out of pure spite.

From what I understand of the call-back they have no way of knowing if you are using it. Does anyone know if this is true?

Mel Berry
Houston Media Systems
www.dbstv.com
Not sure Mel. All I know is it wasn't worth the hassel or expense of bucking up against the Almighty God, BTL. LOL

Sometimes here it's better to just accept things the way they are, rather than getting stressed out over things that won't change no matter how bad you want them to or how hard you fight.

I can't think of a place where the Serenity Prayer fits better than Belize. LOL

I hear ya...

Mel Berry
Houston Media Systems
www.dbstv.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.