Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Are any of you property owners using the Mosquito Magnet, and if so, how is it working? I read about this thing on the net (www.mosquitomagnet.com) and there's a lot of test data and reports showing that it works. It runs on propane. It's not cheap, though, comes in two sizes, the smaller model is I think around $700 and the larger one around $1,300. It is supposed to kill mosquitos and no see ums for a 3/4 acre or 1 acre area.
I'd like to get the trustees of my condo HOA to vote to buy one of these. I'm curious if anyone has one. If you do, please report!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
I "think" that's what Vicki has already bought for thier propery North, although I don't if she is there to yet to try it out.
I'm sure she will check in if this is the one!

oops, just read that hope already said this! yes, caribe island (down SOUTH) just got one, but didn't down to the resort yet. she promises to have it up & running by the time i get there in june!

i think i sent her the website about it a month ago or so. i saw it in the frontgate catalog last year and thought the same thing. if it works, it would be WELL worth the investment.

[This message has been edited by sweetJane (edited 04-10-2002).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Yep, they have just gotten to Georgia, and will be on AC by mid-May. So they have several weeks to be running prior to my arrival. When I was there in January, I got over 100 bites. Now, I know that some of you have never been bitten, but anyone who saw me, knows that mosquitos, sand fleas, etc DO EXIST on AC. Thanks to Dr. Lerida, I didn't have to return to the States early, but I was totally miserable. And there was a great breeze, so that certainly didn't keep them away.
We bought 2 of the large units, should be just perfect for our properties.
Will keep you posted!

Hey..here's some more info to add to our mosquito repellant list. we already have ..
catnip oil, and lemon thyme is also good (the herb). and just a plain sheet of bounce (dryer sheet) just hang it in the area and the mosquitos will fly away.

MR

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
note to self: pack bounce sheets in space bags!!! LOL!

R
R
This may or may not be of interest. I have some friends that live in Houston and have a Mosquito Magnet and I can tell a real difference with it vs without. They have had it 2 years and I would say (and they would agree) it has been worth the investment. Hope that helps.

KBG Offline
Stayed at Pleasure Cove south of Hopkins near Setee Point in January and they had a couple of these propane fired machines. They did not work on the little critters. Ask the owner about them and she said she was sorry she bought them, did not kill many animals and used costly propane. For what it's worth, check with her at Pleasure Cove. Whatever go to Belize soon and don't let the bugs keep you away.
KBG

KC Offline
Yikes! Ibanole please give us your report on the MM when you get them up and working.

K

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quite a difference in reports on the efficacy of the Mosquito Magnet! I don't know what to make of it...it could be that some users have not maintained the equipment properly or have not placed it in the right location...or it could be that the types of insects in one location are not as attracted to it as in another location. I did talk to one resort owner on the mainland who said it did not work but he also admitted that his staff did not maintain it. It has gotten good reviews from users in the US and from other tropical places...I'd sure like to have a positive report on this thing killing Central American mosquitos and especially no-see-ums before I cough up the dough!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.