Re: hey newbies & friends... #143848
05/12/02 08:59 PM
05/12/02 08:59 PM
J
jsbfan Offline

jsbfan  Offline
J
This is too cool!

My name is Angeline, I'm 52, and I found this board right after my first trip to AC in February, 2001. I'm a native Dallasite, and I live only a mile from the house where my parents still live. I work for THE major snack food company and am a research scientist in the product development group.

Since my first trip, I've been back five more times (yes, in just over a year!), and I can't wait until next time.

I'm sure that I've seen some of you at BC's since I always stay at Belizean Reef and hang at the closest and friendliest bar.

I have six cats, all rescues, and my hobby is baroque music. Hence the user name.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me up to date on the latest and I'm sure we'll meet eventually!

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143849
05/12/02 09:15 PM
05/12/02 09:15 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline OP
sweetjane  Offline OP
aaahhh. bach, i get it.

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143850
05/13/02 10:42 AM
05/13/02 10:42 AM
Hardwick, NJ (Warren County)
N
NJgirl Offline

NJgirl  Offline
N
...and I was trying to remember what Jimmy Buffett's middle name was...

hee hee hee

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143851
05/13/02 11:18 AM
05/13/02 11:18 AM
Monroe, La USA
C
cmh27inla Offline

cmh27inla  Offline
C
Hey all, I've been quietly reading you for a while> not really into talking to unknowns on the 'net! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
We're going to CC on May 24th for a week of lying in the sun recovering from our lives! (That would be me,Colleen, and my wonderful husband, John)We are stuck in NE Louisiana and dying for some sand and clear water. We are beach bums in exile. Johns's goal in life is to be a lifeguard on a beach - any beach. I'm 27 and he's 25. Got to find the younger ones and raise them right! No kids. 2 dogs, Harry a long haired dachsand, and Heidi of questionable lineage. I'm in insurance and the SO works in customer relations. We saw an article on Belize in some magazine and started researching. You guys have been more help than anything on deciding to go to Belize. If anyone is going to be around froom May 24th - June 1st, let me know. We can meet for drinks or whatever. Would be nice to meet some people who know where the fun is as we've never been to Belize before. Need advice on snorkeling, fishing, lying in hammocks, and best sites to nap in sun.

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143852
05/13/02 11:53 AM
05/13/02 11:53 AM
H
hapihapi Offline

hapihapi  Offline
H
hi everybody, this has been great!! i'm raylene and my hysband of 6 yrs, ron, and i are coming to belize in 8! days. we are in our 50's but think it must be a cruel joke-- because we think of ourselves as 25--hard on the kids and grandkids--but they love to be at our house!! we are going to placenia the 21 and staying at mariposa for 2 days, maybe longer, until we get our bearings. we want to go to seranade island for 4 or 5 days to really vegge. hope to meet---anyone will do actually. what fun raylene

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143853
05/13/02 12:45 PM
05/13/02 12:45 PM
Bettendorf, Iowa USA
B
BankerWoman Offline

BankerWoman  Offline
B
NYgirl: Don't feel bad! I figured jsbfan was Jimmy S. Buffett fan, too. Who thinks of the classics when "Cheeseburger in Paradise" will do??? LOL

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143854
05/13/02 01:19 PM
05/13/02 01:19 PM
NYgal Offline
NYgal  Offline
Bankerwoman...close but that was NJgirl. I am NYgal
We're just nieghbors LOL
[Linked Image]

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143855
05/13/02 02:06 PM
05/13/02 02:06 PM
Newport Beach, CA
T
Tami Offline

Tami  Offline
T
Okay...it is my turn. [Linked Image]

My name is Tami (some of you know me as "Malibu Barbie" LOL) and I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3 years and still loving it. We have traveled to many tropical places but nothing compares to AC. We went to AC (our first time) in April and we, like most everyone else, fell in love with all that it has to offer. We are planning another trip back next year. We don't have any children yet, other than our persian cat (Savvy) and our golden retriever (Sox). We live in beautiful Newport Beach (Southern California) and we both grew up in this area. Living here made it easier (not much, but a little) to leave AC and come home.

For work...I actually have a really fun job. I work with The Nelsons, Matthew and Gunnar. Some of you might have heard of them. They are the twin sons (used to have long blond hair) of the late Ricky Nelson ~ and the grandsons of Ozzie and Harriet Nelson. I handle their fan relations at and away from shows. Yes, they are still touring and doing great.

I have enjoyed reading this board for months now. I was able to gather so much valuable information for our trip to AC last month. It helped make it the best it could be. It was also a pleasure to meet many of the "boarders" during my time on AC. I can't wait to return!

Cheers,
Tami [Linked Image]

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143856
05/13/02 07:05 PM
05/13/02 07:05 PM
J
jsbfan Offline

jsbfan  Offline
J
How about "Little Fugue in Paradise?"

Or "Why Don't We Get Drunk and B Minor Mass?"

And my favorite "The Well-Tempered Pencil Thin Mustache?"

Re: hey newbies & friends... #143857
05/13/02 08:30 PM
05/13/02 08:30 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline OP
sweetjane  Offline OP
[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 243 guests, and 76 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,358
Posts475,879
Members19,465
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.