Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
L
Hi!! My name is Dave. I am single, 46 years old and live in San Jose, Ca with my two cats, Sourdough and Daisy. Seems everyone else is providing cat info so just to follow suit.. I will undoubtably be bringing my share of cat hair with me to the island on June 15th.. As soon as the bags come out, the cats try to stow away.. Wish I could bring them with but their not certified divers.. I will be travelling alone and diving most days but I'd love to make some new friends while I'm there.. I'm soooo ready for a beach and a beer.. Ciao for now!

lifeisgood4dave - where is San Jose do you live? I live South - Snell Ave. and Capitol Exp.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Statistics time. My real name is Lee Vanderwalker-Kroll. My father's family is Dutch and my mother's family is Cherokee Indian. No pets, except for the sand crab that thinks he lives in my art studio, and my landlord's rooster that I have to chase out of the gallery with the broom from time to time. I moved to Belize last year first to San Pedro and then came to Caye Caulker to open a business in November. Loving it here, and not missing much except my 3 grown up daughters Adriaan, Jessica and Mallory and 2 grandaughters Maya and Halima Jade. Email and msn messenger helps. For my age you'll have to do some research. I've made lots of friends here and don't know what I will be when I grow up. My favorite color is blue, and the ocean here is like food for my eyes. I wake up every day to an incredible view and I can't believe how lucky I am to live here. Its not all been sunshine and flowers, but in comparison to Detroit... well, I'll leave it at at that!
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com

L
L
Wow Gela, We're practically neighbors.. I'm off of Hillsdale and Cherry. Such a small planet we inhabit! I'm still in the process of deciding where to stay down there. Have a few people telling me that the Sunbreeze is a good place and they have good dive packages.. Any opinions? I think I wanna be close to town so I can get into town more often and meet more people.

OP Offline
and aqtpie is not 30 minutes from me. (langhorne, home of reedman's auto mall!)

funny. isn't it? last time i went to san pedro, i met a couple that used to live in my old neighborhood before i did. weird, they knew EXACTLY where my house was.

silk, you are living what is a fantasy to some of us. i would never have the kahunas to do it.

S
S
If anybody would like to be on the mailing list for XALOC journey email updates (my husband is sailing our catamaran from Cape Fear North Carolina to Ambergris Caye), send me a private email to: [email protected] and I'll put you on the list. I'll probably send out about 8-10 of these altogether.
If you do email me, please make sure your email header info is accurate, as I am lazy and will just right-click to add you to the list.
All reports will be in plain text, no photos or other attachments.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
S
S
Also, I lived in San Jose, off Santa Teresa Blvd. for many years, now we live in Fremont California. Hopefully, a year from now we will be living in Bocas del Toro, Panama.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Wow Dave and Susan, the world gets smaller and smaller the farther out we venture!

Dave - I stayed at Sunbreeze my first visit. The location is the best I think - you walk across the tarmac and you're there. The dive shop looked well managed (I don't dive). However, there are lots of places to choose from that would keep you in town and have good dive packages (and probably a bit cheaper). So I'll let the dive experts respond and give you ideas. I think you said you arrived on Sat. June 15. Definitely check out Fidos that evening for live music. That will be my last night there and maybe we can meet for a welcome drink. On Sunday, June 16 - you MUST go to BCs for their BBQ around Noon. It's the best!

Just 18 days and I'm there!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
L
L
Hey Gela, That sounds like a plan. It will be fun to have someone to meet on my first night there. You can tell me about your vacation and I'll take it from there.. Lemme know what time and how I'll know you..

OP Offline
(this part was my original, from 9/00)think i am actually too boring to be on this topic. hi, as most of you know, i really am jane. frank and i have been married 14 yrs (living together 17 years, sinners). i will be 37 in october and i am a stay at home mom of an almost 6 girl (aimee)and an almost 4 boy (steve). hubby frank is 38 and a self employed database designer for fortune 500 companies. we live in beautiful doylestown, bucks county PA with our 3 cats that pee in my family room. i'm not rich or famous, and i dont own anything except my two vehicles, and this terrific house on 2 acres with a pool that we bought last year. we used to have hobbies before the kids came along, and hope to have them again someday. ok, i do like to play volleyball a lot and i play the guitar (badly) and sing, and frank runs, bikes and dives. mostly, we hang out with our kids. boring, but thats me. nice to meet you all!

so, now i'm 38, we've been together 19 years. with diligence, i cleaned up the smell in the family room so well that the cats now pee in the dining room. and we got a hot tub. i got a really nice digital camera and am learning to photograph. life is good.

aimee is finishing first grade, and my steve is 5. they will be taking their first trip to belize in 18 days, with us & our friend. 4 days in cayo at duplooy's jungle lodge, then off to vicki & butch's fabulous caribe island resort. heaven on earth. and i can't wait to use my camera there!

i am pleased to say that the kids are really looking forward to the trip. i have struggled to teach my children an appreciation of the earth & nature from a young age, and it has taken. they have a vast knowledge of the natural world & how it works, for their ages. (could probably teach some of us a thing or 2) they are great kids.

i guess you can see i'm proud. and frank is a great husband & dad. he works hard but always has time for the kids. this is where our lives are centered.

i spend the rest of my time at this keyboard emailing stupid jokes to my friends and reading this dang board.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 230 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.