Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14390 01/08/02 11:30 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Quick San Ignacio question: would like to stay in-town someplace not too expensive in order to do cave tubing and blue hole drop at Ian Anderson's prior to going to Ek Tun. (This way could just take bus to SA and have Ek Tun pick us up there when we are ready.) Saw your posts on Venus and Mart(h)a's.

Do you have any contact info on those locations?

Also, do you have any idea what the latest time you can make excursion reservations from for an excursion the following day? Is 7p entirely outta the question?

Thanks!

K.

M
M
Take a look at both Cahal pecdh Village for 45.00 per night on the hill overlooking town or at Clarissa Falls for 65.00 on the Mopan River under Xunantunich ruins.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
I don't usually disagree with Katie, but I do in this case. There are better places to stay than Cahal Pech village -- quieter places with better management. For every positive thing I hear from readers about Cahal Pech, I hear at least one negative, and that's not a good ratio.

Log Cab-Inns, on the highway across from Windy Hills is to me a nicer choice than Cahal Pech, at about the same price, and it has a pool.

Clarissa Falls is a nice, friendly, Belizean style place, though I think the lodging (not the restaurant) is a bit overpriced.

My top recommendation would be to stay at Aguada -- nice new rooms in back have A/C, and there's a pool. Only US$25 to $30 double. It's in Santa Elena (sister town to San Ignacio), across from Loma Luz hospital. Martha's Guesthouse also is a good choice. Venus is a little too basic for me, anyway.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
P
P
I agree with Lan. We have stayed at many places in the San Ignacio area. Aguada was by far one of the nicest and certainly the best value. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was there when we needed anything and yet gave us the privacy we desired. The restaurant had good food and convenient hours. They even have a small pool to relax in. And the price of $25 to $30 for an air conditioned room certainly made it one of the least expensive places we have stayed. Try the Aguada. You won't be disappointed.
Peg

K
OP Offline
K
Perfect! Thank you both!!! Throw in some time at Fountain Blue or maybe a night a Chocolate's & I think it' coming together!!!

K.

K
OP Offline
K
WOW !!! And Peg, too!

We also stayed there last year. Really nice for the price and the food was great too.
Enjoy !

I guess it depends on what you like or need.
I have not had the opportunity to stay at as many places as Lan has. He has good info on a lot of places in S.I.

Venus...although basic...is very clean with comfy beds and A/C and cable T.V.
They have renovated so everything looks new.
No ammenities...but after a long day on excursions...you will probably want to just shower, have dinner and then veg. out.

Keep in mind that there isn't a lot going on in S.I. after 9pm. They basically roll the sidewalks up...and it is usually very quiet.

I also find that the heat and humidity in S.I. can be downright stifling sometimes...esp. when you're hiking up those steep hills....you will be praying for that A/C !!!

I did stay at The Log Cabins. Very clean...extremely friendly staff...family operation. I personally don't think you could get much more basic than their rooms though. No A/C...no T.V...and I couldn't open the windows b/c there wasp nests right above them. The pool while nice...was not in operation at the time I stayed. They probably have that fixed now though. They do have a small restaurant on site and it was nice....in a big screened in area. They have beautiful flowers and landscaping...and an orange grove out front.

I'm just such a hot natured person...I really enjoy any place with A/C while in San Ignacio.

Here's some contact info for the places mentioned.

Aguada Motel
Tel: 011-501-923609
Fax: 011-501-923573

Chaa Creek
77 Burns Ave.
Tel: 011-501-922037 and 912010
Fax: 011-501-922501
Email: [email protected]

Clarissa Falls
70 1/2 Mls. Western Hwy.
Tel: 011-501-923916

Log Cabins
2 miles Benque Viejo Rd.
Tel: 011-501-923367
Fax: 011-501-922289
Email: [email protected]

Venus
29 Burns St.
Tel: 011-501-923203
Fax: 011-501-922225

Your other option would be to book into someplace for a night and then look around when you get there. If you want to move....move. You can get lots of info and suggestions at Eva's restaurant. It's also across the street a few doors down from the Venus....maybe that's why I like the Venus....LOL.....right in the hub of things.

Eva's for breakfast....and Serendibs for dinner...all within a hop from each other.
I try to limit my physical exertion to excursions....LOL...after that I don't have much energy for any other activity....LOL

Hope this helps!
Tammy

SI rolls the streets up at night? Wow, I must have been there on a lucky night. There was a traffic jam and people all over the place.

I was excited to find myself upstairs in some bar that may or may not have been the One World Culture Club but that was the band that was playing. I could have danced all night but my friends are not so lively as I. [Linked Image]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

LOL...you were lucky.
They aren't always in town....they travel.
Last time I went there there were 2 guys playing pool.and a jukebox....*sigh*

I was highly diappointed....I love that group! Oscar and Sam used to sit and chat with me at Fido's when they would come to S.P. Nice people!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.