Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#144303 03/02/02 11:55 AM
OP Offline
I have HAD IT!!!!! Winter storm AGAIN here in Texas!!!! It's March, in Texas...it should atleast be Spring!!!! And I have to drive to work. Put your Parka's on and come and get meeeeee!!!!!! I'll ride on the purple cart....and i swear I'll be good!!!! Coconut----needs some sun!!!

I thought I saw a purple golf cart
But it can't be true
It's freezing here in Texas
And I'm Belize blue.

I thought I saw a purple golf cart
There it goes again so near
Must be on its way to DFW
'Cause it sure didn't slow down here.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I love it!!! We too are having a storm, and we have a purple golf cart in Belize--..... rick and cheri, there has got to be a better life!!!!

The formerly Purple Golf Cart is now known as the golf cart formerly known as the Purple Golf Cart, but now known as Da Purple Steed. Work on dat slouging ya way ta work, Coconut!!

Gone fishing!!
Rick & Cheri!!
I KNOW what you mean. I'm in Corpus Christi and it's cold here too!! I thought this place was supposed to be tropical? My kitchen looks like a jungle. I had to bring in all my plants. We even had frost!!! I made a huge pot of soup and we even have a fire in the fireplace. And sadly, this cold snap even killed out new palm tree in the back yard. [Linked Image] I was trying so hard to make it look like Belize. [Linked Image] Hope the bauginvilla (sp?) and the hibiscus make it. Just planted them too!!!
Debbie

Debbie Debbie, you have to learn how to protect your plants in South Texas. If you can't bring them in the house, you have bedding on hand to wrap them up, for the cold snaps. Save all old blankets and comforters, just for those days. Plastic works good, but you have to get it off, when the sun comes out, or you have steamed the plants to death.

Dare To Deviate
OP Offline
Just got off from work, left at 6am this morning, and it took me over an 1 1/2 to get there, which only takes about 20 min.. Saw about 30 cars off in the ditches, and a 20 car pile up, and 4 other wrecks, What a drive into work..... It will be in single digits tonight here in Ft. Worth...Got a fire going and thinkin of the sun on the island.. Will be there soon.. Bernd and Bill Hope you all are having fun......See you all soon.. Rick

OP Offline
Debbie, i lost a couple of plants...but all my tropicals have been inside for 2-3 months now-and doing good!! I have the aloe vera plant from hell in my kitchen!!! It has gotten so big, we poke ourselves in the eye if we turn around to close to it!! LOL, no other place to put it!!! Pilgrim-i loved it!! Vicki-WE KNOW WE KNOW and been trying REALLY REALLY hard....house will be done soon...next trip middle of April!!! Bill-what happened to your cart? Did you let Bernd drive, cause that probably did it in!! LOL.....ahhh...just had a "coconut shot" feel better now..and a little warmer!!! Sun came out this afternoon....still like wind chill of 7 degrees!!! Bernd-am having my LAST bratwurst....they were SO good!! Thank you!!! C

L
L
It has been 70 degrees here in northern California for the past week. All the flowers are blooming. Getting Spring fever! They still expect lots more rain. Can't wait till 5/2 when I will be back in AC for 10 days!

Chloe, thanks for the tip. Since we're dipping down into below freezing for the thrid night in a row tonight, I've got the plastic all done. Hope I'm not to late for the flowering plants..... The palm tree is a gonner.......
Cheri, my family lives near you in Plano, and they were amazed at the road conditions. People were sliding back downward trying to get up one of the winding ramps over the freeway.... Bbbrrrrrr....... Steaming pot of stew last night, and chili tonight.... I too have an aloe vera from hell. I got it as a baby in New Mexico 8 years ago. I've taken baby shoots off of it, and given to my frineds, and the thing keeps growing!! It's a monster. Keep warm. [Linked Image]
Debbie

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.