Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Miha Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to get the cheapest flight from Houston to Belize City in November. I have been monitoring Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Taca websites. So far, the best has been about $435 on Taca.

In your experience, can the travel agents get better rates than the internet specials? Some of the Belize hotels also advertise discount airfare. How do they stack up?

Also, can you generally get a better rate when you book directly with the hotel?

I've heard good things about Barb's Belize on this website, so I'm sure she offers good service - just curious about the price.

Thanks!!

Can only speak for myself but Barb got us a great price last Feb from Minn, cheaper than anything we could have done ourselves. She can help w/anything else too, especially if you're thinking of anything on the mainland. Check our her site - she's great!!

L
L
November is the high season - prices are more expensive. I have found that sometimes a travel agent can get a better deal and sometimes not. Keep checking the web for specials every now and then too.

JT Offline
We got R/T tickets from Houston on Taca for $264 incl. taxes last month and rented a condo on the beach from Caye Management. Sign up for Taca's internet specials.

Those people at Continental must be smoking too much ganja, I think they wanted $864 from Houston.

Good Luck

i got similar prices thru barb & on my own, but i went with her for other reasons. it is nice to have someone in your corner, and she helped out with a lot of little details i needed.

if you are booking the room yourself anyway, you can just book your own air too. but she can take care of everything, if you need.
www.barbsbelize.com

I work for a Central America tour operator &
have a contract with AA, my rate out of IAH
is $383 with tax. Granted it's through MIA but it's a great fare. Most of the time my fare is hundreds better than the airline, but there are occasions when they throw a sale fare that is better. You just never know.

than the airline, yes. cheaper than orbitz or flycheapOL, maybe, but will be v-close. my best prices came from flycheapOL.

do not forget that you also have to arrange the local flight to the caye.

T
T
I've always booked direct through the airlines, (Continental) and three years in a row, have generally gotten around $620 RT from Seattle to Belize City per person. I'm not sure how that stacks up against other methods. Yeah, you gotta also factor in your fare from Belize Intl Aiport to wherever else you wanna, to Placnecia, San Pedro,whatever.

[This message has been edited by trina (edited 07-17-2002).]

B
B
Nannette,
How does one get in touch with you? Your price sounds great and when I usually fly to BZ from Orlando I go through Miami as well - always lookin' for a good deal to get away.

hi beach dog...love to help...i'm at [email protected] - take care

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.