Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Aqua Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello everyone!!
Does anyone have suggestions on where to go if you had an extra 2-3 days in Belize after visiting AC then Jaguar Paw?

I'm not looking for anything in particular - just someplace "not to miss" in Belize.

I'm so exited to visit Belize I can hardly stand it!!! Arriving in AC this Saturday - what to do first??
-Aqua

D
D
You ain't been to Belize until you've been to Placencia.

Checkout placencia.com

Enjoy

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Try Caye Caulker for a relaxing place to de-stress www.cayecaulker.org

Cheers,
Wendy

A
Aqua Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi divin,
I heard that Placenta is pretty run down from hurricane Iris? Is that still so?
-Nancy

M
M
Placencia is along way to travel to and from for just two extra days. I'd move from Jag Paw further west to Cayo for ruins, caving, canoeing, kayaking hiking and more. Visit the Zoo along the way too.

Maya Travel Services
M
M
Placencia is along way to travel to and from for just two extra days. I'd move from Jag Paw further west to Cayo for ruins, caving, canoeing, kayaking hiking and more. Visit the Zoo along the way too.

Maya Travel Services
S
S
i agree on a trip to cayo....if you want to see the mother of all ruins take a trip to tikal...most all tour operators offer them out of san ignacio....we stayed at the aguado
and enjoyed their hospitality cheap rooms with a restaurant, pool and lounge...they can also arrange a tikal trip for you

I agree w/visit to the Cayo - fun drive! How about a visit to one of the butterfly farms? We were glad we side tracked to Green Hills. Also the zoo. And Tikal is awesome! We too stayed at the Aguada in Santa Elena. Have fun!!

D
D
Aqua

Obviously you have not been reading the posts on this and other boards.

Placencia, including my house, was totally inundated by Hurricane Iris but we have overcome this terrible ordeal and are getting on with our lives and businesses.

For sure the area does not look like it did before Iris but in a lot of ways it's even better and the whole village is working to make things even better. Even to the point of local people donating thousands of trees and shrubs to other local to make the village GREEN once again.

Anything and everything that was available in the village is available now. Restaurants, bars, diving, tours, cayes, snorkeling, large/small/medium resorts both high dollar and low.

And as far as getting there...if you are going to the butterfly farm your almost to Placencia anyway. Its only a 35 minute flight from BC in a small puddle jumper to Placencia.

As I have said before, you have not been to Belize until you have been to Placencia.

Negative comments about the condition of the village can only perpetuate your wrong information. PLACENCIA IS BACK AND GETTING EVEN BETTER!

If you would like to help the village instead of perpetuate incorrect info come and spend your money with the local guides, resorts, restaurants, bars, etc.

These guys have spent a lot of money, most borrowed at high interest rates, to bring the village back to what it is so that guest can continue to come to Placencia to enjoy themselves. I am sure that they would appreciate your business.

we are trying duPlooy's in june. i planned on seeing the butterfly farm too. when last on the mainland the zoo was closed, so we will try that again.

xunantunich was fun, and local. we had enuff time left that day to drive to pine mt ridge and see the 1000 ft falls. cool. the 4-wheeling was some of the most fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.