Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: loss of a loved one #146497
12/02/02 09:40 AM
12/02/02 09:40 AM
Michigan, USA
MamaLiz Offline

MamaLiz  Offline
A friend of mine lost her husband unexpectedly; she taught me a great deal about grief. I had always thought of it as a rather linear process, like a graph with a nice straight downward angle. I thought that given enough time, it would just lessen and lessen. Well, given enough time it does lessen, but the process isn't simple. My friend would have weeks go by where she thought she was "getting over it", then she would suddenly be right back at square one.
There is no right or wrong way to greave and no schedule to adhere to.
Peace,
MamaLiz

Re: loss of a loved one #146498
12/02/02 11:01 AM
12/02/02 11:01 AM
LAPORTE, TX, USA
GAY AND DAVID Offline
GAY AND DAVID  Offline
skully & teenah,
your board buds are here for you always. consider us e-friends with plenty of shoulders to lean on when you need it. some of us cannot sympathize with your hurt but we can offer support. so sorry for your losses.
gay

Re: loss of a loved one #146499
12/05/02 01:52 AM
12/05/02 01:52 AM
sarahsmile Offline

sarahsmile  Offline
Here are some words that came to me at 3am one night, 2 years ago as I fell asleep on the floor studying for an anatomy exam. Little did I know that 200 miles away, at that very moment, my Aunt was having her worst moment while her body succumbed to bladder cancer (she had previously survived an Aortic Aneurism). I wrote many poems while half asleep that night. Here is one that I emailed to her but she never saw (I know it was felt though):
To a beautiful, wonderful, caring person. I am thinking of you every moment of the day and hoping that everything will go your way. When the mortal body becomes weak and frail, the mind itself in time sets sail. Adrift amongst the thoughts of life, the waves of pain, turmoil, and strife. Alas, the call of a distant song, perhaps motivation to move you along. The path to take only time will tell, so lead with your heart as your vessel is hailed. Where you'll end up no body knows, but where ever it is I pray you won't oppose. Your strength and courage will have gotten you through a porthole of pain and torture so cruel, that when you arrive you can be thankful to feel a world full of peacefulness and all free of fear. We are all with you in thought and prayer. Love always, with especially deep encouragement. Be strong. I love you.

Sarah

My Uncle had the opportunity to tell my Aunt that if she was holding on for him, it was ok for her to let go that he would be ok....As hard as that was for him,that is what she needed to hear...shortly thereafter she let go.

Re: loss of a loved one #146500
12/05/02 01:04 PM
12/05/02 01:04 PM
Corpus Christi, Texas USA
Debbie Offline

Debbie  Offline
Wow..... That's all I can say, is Wow...... this is sure a phenominal group of people. I'm so glad I know you, and that I found this board two years ago. What a support system.
Teenah and Skully.... I'm am so sorry that you're having to deal with this. My heart aches for both of you and all of you that are dealing with this.... Blessings all around. MAJOR HUGS!!!! Debbie

Re: loss of a loved one #146501
01/14/03 12:40 PM
01/14/03 12:40 PM
San Jose, CA USA
Gela Offline
Gela  Offline
I've been battling my health these last few months and every once in a while, I focus on something else other than myself. I extend my sincere sympathies to all of you who have lost loved ones. I have lost both parents - my Mother died at 53 years old and Dad died at 83. Even as an adult, I feel like an orphan. It's hard during the Holidays. I can't even imagine losing a child. I hold on to memories and relive and retell stories in order to keep my parents memory alive.

I agree, this board has become more than just a great place to talk about AC, it's become a wonderful support board! Thank you all.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 102 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,131
Posts487,562
Members19,865
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.