Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
If anybody wants to follow our tropical building progress (even though its in Panama, not Belize, sorry...) can visit our imagestation album at:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290923989
The pier is now done (still needs stairs into the water and steps up the cliff to the property). Izzy is going back at the beginning of February (after the Raiders win the Super Bowl, he says..) to start on our little house....

Also, for you cat people, check out our gorgeous felines at: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291552863

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
It's looking good susangg. Thanks for sharing. We have followed you a long way.
Progress !
smile

I'm so sorry, but I am so tired of joining photo sharing sites.....after I do that I get endless email spam from each site. I can't tell you how many I already have...if there is any other way I can view your photos, without having to sign on, please let me know. I'm at the point where I won't get to look at any pics anymore..... :rolleyes:

Grace DeVita
I haven't had any problem with that photo site, Grace. Nothing at all.
Just FYI smile

S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yikes, I hope nobody is getting spammed from Imagestation for looking at my pix. I hate spam. I did not think you had to "join" to view the albums, actually...just to set up one.
But I am a member and I have never gotten spammed (at least, that I know of) as a result of it. They do have a pop up ad for Sony but you can click it off. Of course you can't always tell where the damn stuff comes from.

Had to go straight to the feline pics. That catamaran is a crazy looking cat! He has really interesting markings. Oh yeah, the Isla Cristobal Project looks cool, too. wink

Those are some fine lookin' felines! cool I've been looking at the bocas del toro online for a couple of years now, wondering how viable that region is/is going to be. Your land and stuff looks really nice.

S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Its more than "viable," it is (I predict) the next big tourist destination for ecotourism and
scuba/snorkel/fishing aficionados. Just beginning to be "discovered" by tourists.
The reefs are not as dazzling as in Belize, but everything else is just as good, but prices are lower and they have real surf on some beaches (not ours)...The local people are just as nice. Bocas is kind of a multiculural, international community.
The tourism "season" is shorter than Belize because the rainy season is longer (but there are no hurricanes.)
Our main reason for going there was financial. The cost of living is far lower, land and construction costs are much lower and you get a lot more bang for the buck...a big deal for those of us with limited bucks! Also, the government is not as broke and doesn't get into your pockets as much as in Belize. We bought 27 acres with 1800 feet of elevated waterfront for what we would pay for a single nice beachfront lot on Ambergris Caye.
It will be a real "pioneer" experience for us. We are building on undeveloped land with no infrastructure..solar power, rainwater, composting toilets, no roads, no cars. Just us, the cats, the jungle, the ocean and of course, our satellite dish! 15 minutes by motorboat from town on the next island over. (But cell phones do work!) We have parrots, toucans and monkeys in the trees and all kinds of coconut, pineapple and other fruits growing wild.

Wow, thanks for the info Susan. It sounds like an adventure in nature, and I like the no one around aspect. Too cool.

T
T
got any pictures of the pier from underneath?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.