Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm buying a new Canon S40 digital camera for the April trip and wanted to know if anyone down there uses USB to download to disk? Let me know if anyone has tried it.
Thanks all..the countdown begins....

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
I cannot wait to see how well your new camera performs...hope Marty can post some for all of us with your permission of course... I am curious about the ability to download...maybe the Internet Cafe'?? I keep seeing references to that but not sure what all they provide.

We just got one too, bought the bigger card 128 m. We had other cards too, from a pervious camera, so figured we wouldn't need to download in Bze. ( unless you are sharing them with someone down there, while there )

The battery goes fast unless you turn off the display screen when in use, otherwise, it's a dream camera ! ! ! Love it.
Take your charger with ya, they recharge at good speed.
smile

Axe - Let us know how it works. Did you pick up the waterproof housing that is good to 100 feet and will accept a Sea and Sea macro and wide angle lenses? I was thinking of getting the same as you can expand memory, add lenses, etc and have a land/dive camera for around $450. Reefmaster has a digital but it is pretty limited on options.

Coconet and Island Internet both have adaptors to allow downloading of pix from memory cards. If your camera card memory gets full you can download the files and burn them to CD's.

FYI, most of the cameras are sold with very low capacity memory cards included, you'll probably want to buy a 64MB or 128MB memory card.

There ya go Axeman, the best of all worlds.
laugh

Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
You all never fail to amaze me...Bows to the wealth of knowledge in this group...Great minds think alike..ordered the biggest Smart card and 2 batteries...I leave nothing to chance..hehe

I will try to post while I'm down there, but if this trip is like the last I'll be writing at night to post after I get back. AC always inspires me to write, and you who have posted trip reports have carried me between trips.

Can't even tell you all how much I've missed AC..kinda like haveing a hole in my side.

Robert, Yes bought the case..only $215..camera on sale for $399 here

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
as long as you get a pc with a free usb port & a disc burner, assuming it has windows you should just get an 'add hardware' wizard. (c'mon pc guy, you should know this.)

the question is do pcs at coconet have the avail hardware (bring your own cable & cdw's) and cd burners.

otherwise, a friend if mine invested in a card reader.

advice: invest in rechargable batteries & a 1-hour charger. got mine from walmart & it is the best. carry extra batteries too. if you want to go all out, buy a little travel tripod from like curciut city. best for stills, take my word. ax, had you seen my "fall in PA" pics?

...and you thought i was just another pretty face ;D

OK Axe..we need some sort of legal, binding agreement on the picture taking thing!!! Don't want any trouble!! (kidding)....can't wait to see/spend time with ya!!! It's been awhile!! Fixing to send you an email...Rick has been sick, and me working what butt i have left-off!! AC makes me want to write too!! It's just a creative place. When Rick was in D.C. with you, he brought me back a visor with "FBI" on it!! Should have seen the crazy looks and the questions!! Had quiet a few thinking "maybe she does work with FBI"!!! Too funny!!! Feb., March, APRIL!!!!!! I work only for AC!!!! SEE YOU SOON!!! C cool smile :p

Jane, the battery in this particular camera is not like our other camera, it's a specific battery.
But, that's good advice. wink

Axeman, we too have the extra battery.

You got a good price on that camera, let me tell you.
smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.