Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#147436 01/10/03 11:49 AM
OP Offline
I thought it would be fun to find out some more about folks.. and what makes us love Belize so much!

Just cut and paste and fill in your info!

Name: Andrea

Reside where: Atlanta, GA (actually Duluth which is a suburb)

Day job that pays for you to go to Belize?: Audit Manager with Citigroup.. that and the airline miles I accumulate while travelling for work (yay.. Delta finally code shares with Air Jamaica so I cashed in sky miles!!) Just wish I had more vacation time :-((

Age (or thereabouts): 36 .. growing older but not up!!!

How did you learn about Ambergris:
Ok.. cheesy and sleezy Temptation Island, I admit I watched that show and loved it! Hearing Jerry Jeff Walker's "Come away to Belize with me" helped too that became our pre-trip anthem last year! It just looked and sounded like the place I have been looking for for years!

How many times / when did you first go there?:
First time was last year, April 2001.

When is your next trip there?:
May 3-13 less than 4 months to go!

Who do you travel with:
My long-time boyfriend and a group of 10 or so other Parrothead friends from across the US. A mix of singles and couples but all are fun party folks!

Where do you normally stay?:
Banana Beach, loved it last year so heading back!

Favorite restaurants:
Caliente was fabulous, I drool when I look at their menu online!! We also enjoyed BCs BBQ, even ran back there to get lunch before our flight home that second Sunday. Also enjoyed breakfast at Estels, dinner at Sharks and Jambals. I didnt get to Elvis or Papis last year so want to try those this time, plus of course Bananas new El Divino restaurant which sounds awesome!

Favorite bars:
We enjoyed everyone we walked into and stumbled out of <g>!! Fidos, Sharks, Palapa, Crazy Canucks, did karaoke at Jaguars and of course the Squirrels Nest bar next door at Mata Rocks where we spent a whole bunch of time!

Favorite things to do there?:
Everything!! Snorkeling at Hol Chan, Cave Tubing with Seaduced, Whizzing around on golf carts, Catamaran to Caye Caulker... and a couple of us brought down some cheap floats so just floated right off our beach with a Beliken in hand! Sitting on my balcony, watching the ocean with Buffett tunes playing in the background!

Favorite things about Belize:
(D) - All of the above! The people were awesome, the locals and ex-pats who live there, the other vacationers we met and adopted into our little party group, the weather, the laid back atmosphere and it being the total opposite of a St Thomas or Jamaica (i.e., no Mc Donalds, pushy vendors, cruise ship hoards, nasty high-rises etc!!).

Can't wait to go back!
Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea in Atlanta
#147437 01/10/03 12:49 PM
O
O
Name: Jackie

Reside where: Cleveland, Ohio-5 minutes from downtown
Day job that pays for you to go to Belize?:

Post office-forklift driver
Age (or thereabouts): 35, will celebrate 36 while at Bananas on May 18.

Looking for a place to travel solo, did a caribbean spa search and found Maruba, changed my mind(this was about 6 years ago) ended up in Turks with Club Med, two years in a row. Then after Temptation island,started to research again ended up there.

3 times. August 2001,August 2002 and December2002-January 2003

Planning May 5th til the 19th.

Who do you travel with:

Myself.

Banana Beach, twice and will be back there,Seven Seas the first time,yuk.

Favorite restaurants:

El Divino,Casa Picasso and Papis Dinner and the street vendors.

Favorite bars:

El Divino-Martini Lounge and Coconuts. The best group of bartenders at both-Pablo,Josh and Adalita(El Divino) and Ada and Margie(Coconuts)

Everything!! Walk the Beach,Manatee and Al TunHa with searious, catamaran with Unity and lay out in the sun at Bananas,very comfortable lounge chairs.

(D) -Everything!!! Not touristy, the feeling of being part of everyones family, locals and vacationers.The ocean breeze,sunrise and sunset.

Jackie

#147438 01/10/03 01:25 PM
Y
Y
Hello Andrea

I am an audit manager for another bank, smaller though, for the asset based group in Atlanta, GA. Will be going to Belize for the first time later this month. Not a pleasure trip, though. Looking to buy property there.

Drop me a line, and we will chat.

[email protected]

#147439 01/10/03 03:50 PM
Name: Gela

Reside where: San Jose, CA

Day job that pays for you to go to Belize?:
Procedures Analyst at Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (formerly IBM) translation: I help manage budget for development organization and am also an ISO auditor.

I must have seen travel programs on Belize back in 1998 since that's when I purchased travel books. I found ambergriscaye.com in the fall of 2000. (Andrea - I watched temptation island but turned down the sound so I could just enjoy the sites).

My first visit to AC was May, 2001. Went to Maruba Spa for 2 nights afterward. Returned to AC Dec. 2001 and Jun. 2002.

May 3-12 - can't wait! Having some health issues that I hope to resolve before then. Will spend 2 days on mainland - Cayo district.

Who do you travel with:
I travel solo. I have found that I enjoy traveling alone and have met some great people to have fun with - especially Belize.

Coconuts Caribbean Hotel. Stayed at SunBreeze my first visit (great location but would rather spend dollars on food and fun). Discovered CCH in December 2001 and loved it and everyone that works there. Returned there this past June but decided to split my time and stay at SevenSeas but much prefer CCH.

Favorite restaurants:
Sweet Basils, BCs for BBQ, Papi's, Jambels. There are many restaurants I haven't eaten yet, so am looking forward to checking them out in May.

Favorite bars:
Coconuts (Margie and Ada are terrific),
BCs - Ernie and the gang (Hi Charlene)
Heck - all the bars serve cold Belikins - what more could you want??

Visiting with everyone I met from past visits, a day trip anywhere as long as I'm on the water, Lamanai trip, Manatee watching, snorkeling. Listening to Jerry Jeff Walker playing at any of the bars overlooking the ocean...

The people, the laughter, the feeling of being at home.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#147440 01/10/03 08:11 PM
I won't take time to answer all the questions. But some of you might get a laugh out of how long I have been coming.

When I first came here, Jerry McDermott was a young man.
The north end of the island was considered anything past the Paradise Hotel.
Celi actually looked like the picture of her in the add for the Holiday Hotel.
And, you went to Piasano to borrow money.

That is the way it was when I first came.

#147441 01/10/03 08:30 PM
Haha...you old geezer! wink
Tell your "better half" to email me re: our discussion.

Thanks!
Tammy

#147442 01/10/03 08:35 PM
bywarren...do you remember a man named John Crowe from the Old Blake House??? He was there when Jerry was "young" AND you went to Paisano for $$$$$ (lol)..I LOVE Paisano!!!! Just wondering about if ya knew John???? C

#147443 01/10/03 08:37 PM
NAME: John
Day Job: Semi-retired
How did you learn about AC-----Yep--Temptation Island--Said to Misses "we gotta go there" !!!
How many times ? 2 (7/4/01---7/4/02)
When is next trip?? 7/4/03
Who do you travel with?????Linda(Mrs. Johnboy)
Where do you stay?? MataRocks Resort(love it)
Favorite restaurants-Papi's,Jamel-jerk,Sea-breeze
(can't remember restaurants name)Lily,s for breakfast....
Favorite Bars-Squirells Nest(Matarocks) & BC's
Favorite Things to do ----Eat drink & be merry..
Run around in golf cart, fish,snorkel,did I mention eat?(esp. Lobster) & listen to Barefoot Skinny at Fido's.....
Favorite thing about Belize(AC)--Friendly people, Matarocks,& the laidback attmosphere....

John
#147444 01/10/03 08:40 PM
I omitted Home...Mesquite Texas
John

John
#147445 01/10/03 08:44 PM
Hey John-Rick and I are in Bedford, TX>!!! C

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.