Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NYgal Offline OP
OP Offline
What a wonderful time. smile Too many lazy days prior to visiting AC and CC, but well worth it.

I thought I saw BILL at BC's. Didn't yell out his name, since then I found out that BILL is shorter than this man was and has a semi-perpetual grin. This man was happy, but really tall, so it looked as he was sitting talking with a younger dark haired man. If it was BILL, he seemed happy to be there. I hope it was him.

I thought I saw B-B-F-Belize at the Sunbreeze pool. I knew after a few minutes it wasn't. This gal didn't have her beauty or really beautiful eyes.

I yelled at a woman walking past us at Estels and thought for sure it was HOPE ! ! Yelled severall times, guess if it was, she was too busy talking to the others she was with. laugh If it wasn't, no harm to the lady, she ignored me, LOL.

Then I looked in Pier Lounge, only one man behind the bar. Looked not at all like the avatar of Pier Lounge, darn ! We didn't have time to spare, so Sorry Jim.

Everyone seemed to have run away for the day.

Looked for Island Dog too, not there that day.

Went to the Holiday and talked to the Girls for a minute or two. Mentioned that R/C have made mention of them. They said, yes, they are coming here in April again. wink Nice place, nice girls.

Went to BC's to collect my 'NY eve' Belikin, no deal, lol. Told them to pass it back to 'gailtor' when she was arriving later that eve.

Walked from the airport to the shore, North to the cemetery, ( was looking for a girl that was gonna meet us there, no show ) then walked South past the Yacht club or a little past, was getting too many things in my mind to try to do at once. Then, circled many times, the streets and shops.

I saw the 'barge' and many other sites that I had only heard about.
Saw Coconut Cafe. Looked for Elizabeth's shop.
Watched for Barefoot Skinny. Watched a ticket being written for a vehicle in a no parking zone.

I must say, there are many vehicles that made me glad I was wise to them. A good portion of the time was playing, dodge cart/truck, but made the best of our few hours on the caye.

My legs stil hurt from all the 'looking' I did.

OK, who stole Piasano, even he was missing !

I read and saw many shops and water tour companies that were familiar from all of the reading I have done on this board.

Any newbie reading this, read, remember and impress these places in your mind, they are ALL there ! !

Mind you all of this took place between 9:15 AM and 1:00 PM.

Sat on the stage at Fidos to put bandaids on my blisters from those stupid water shoes of mine.
Ended up leaving them at the Colton House, in the city. Not one more step will I take in them.

It was time to Water taxi to CC, great day, nice ride. Saw a large turtle on the way to CC.

Met up with Silkpainter, what a nice visit and another girl from CC I had met in the OLD chat room. Lunched with them at the Rainbow, walked the streets, met many others and had to hit the 4:00 PM Water taxi to the city. Another nice ride and saw the clusters of Cruise ships. mad

Boy, I have to give those Water taxi guys credit, they sure can maneuver those large boats in very crowded areas on the city docks ! ! !
Truly amazing.
This was all in one day, the other parts of our vacation was mainland and Tobacco Caye. More relaxed and many, many more fond memories.

We took a wild hunch we would have good weather and did, there were many other days prior the weather had been a chilly. We lucked out.

Thank You AC and this board for your information pro and con.
( watched over my shoulder for immissing, lol )
Till next time.................... laugh

OH MY GAWD NYgal... what a trip hey?!
I think we and Becky left WAY before you got there. frown
I couldn't find Bill either... frown
I sure hope the feet be better too! Sooo close to Elizabeths you were... lol
You poor thing... WHERE IS EVERYBODY??? I so looked forward to meeting you!
Glad you met Silk though, we missed her when on CC.
What about the other several days on the mainland? We would love ta here all about that as well! Sounds like it would be a GRAND report to read! smile

Too bad you only had a day for all of that, but cool report, need to stay longer!!! Talk with ya soon girl!!
Rick

U
U
I may be drunk, but I do not think that she is giving all of you an endorsement. It seems to me (as an outsider who is visiting Belize), that when push comes to shove, you weren't there. Is it possible that she thinks that you are promoting your own interst? Or, again, am I just drunk? Feedback welcomed!

NYgal Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, you must just be drunk or unsure !

Trust me, I was there, ask Charlene @ BC's.

No wait, I don't have to defend myself, just stay drunk. wink

U
U
Than YOU for answering me personally about your topic. I am a little drunk, but I may have come across in a way that I didn't attend. But honestly, I wasn't sure if you had a good time...I'm sorry....us drunk inquistive minds just wanted to know.... All in fun...

U
U
Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you that this drunk gal (meaning me, UNSURE) is also from/in NY......

Nygal, great report on your marathon visit to Ambergris, matching persons places and things in just 4 hours. It takes most of us 7 days to get the lay of the land. You did good. Glad you walked in our footprints in San Pedro. Too bad all the local boarders, were hiding that day.

Dare To Deviate
What a sweetheart you are, I wish our paths would have crossed. Glad you had good weather, it was a bit chilly when I was there. Your writing is a hoot. Maybe the next time you are there I'll find YOU at BC's. smile P.S. Your first drink is on me.

I just spent my 20 hours in SP doing much the same things - running around like a crazy person looking at hotels and for friends. I used to be able to do a one day trip to SP and come home satisfied - not so now a days, It was just a tease! But I had an awesome 4 days on the mainland. That is the REAL Belize. SP is just the icing on the cake! Made an offer on 7 acres on the Mopan in Cayo. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.