Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ezron Offline OP
OP Offline
E
We are thinking of staying in both regions for a 3nts each and wondered---should we fly from Belize City to Gallon Jug and back and then rent a car to go to the Cayo ?? or should we just rent a car and drive it all

J
Jen Offline
J
I'm sure others will have more information for you, but last year we spent a few days around San Ignacio before heading to Chan Chich Lodge, near Gallon Jug. From the maps, it appeared that to go by bus or car, you'd have to travel several hours north from belize City, then head southwest for several more hours. We elected to simply spend the money and charter a plane. it took about 15-20 minutes to get from S.I. to Chan Chich and then about the same to get from C.C. to the airport. It was easy and, given that we didn't have a couple of extra days to spend driving around, I felt it was well worth it.

E
ezron Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Jen-- How much did it cost to charter a plane ??? And what did you do to get back???

It's about 6 hours from San Ignacio to Chan Chich via the Western Highway, Burrel Boom road, Northern Highway to Orange Walk then via Yo Creek, San Felipe, Blue Creek and Programme for Belize lands. Long drive but interesting, as you go through remote bush with lots of wildlife, birds, all kinds of trees including some stands of mahogany. Can't recall the charter fare, but Chan Chich or Javier can tell you. Pretty expensive, several hundred US dollars.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
J
Jen Offline
J
I think Lan's right. It was something like $200-250 to charter a plane. We were hoping to share it with someone, but not only was it difficult to coordinate schedules, but I seriously doubt that even the five seater could have taken anyone else besides the pilot, my husband and me. It's not an luxury I would ordinarily choose, but like I said earlier, we did not have much time in Belize and wanted to maximize our hiking time(plus, once we decided to spend a couple of days at Chan Chich, it only seemed natural to splurge a little more.) If you're staying at Chan Chich or thereabouts, they should be able to arrange for the charter for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.