Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Yesterday I received my Deed of Trust and Title to my lot in Loggerhead Preserve (Block #48) on Long Caye. I am so happy I can hardly contain myself.
We had a few very negative people posting insulting messages on our Yahoo Chat/Message board. Some people got really scared and some even backed out but things are really developing out there. The dock is in and plans for a dive shop are moving forward. Less than a year and I will be living in Belize!
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
Harriet

Congratulations!
I know how excited you must be.
Bruce & I had our lot cleared in Plantation this last week & contacted a builder. I can't stop smiling. Friends accuse me of being the Cheshire Cat.

Stella

[email][email protected][email]
C
C
Scubalady,
We looked at some site? on the internet for the property on the caye. Could you tell me where to get some more info as we were quite interested in the property there? Thanks!

Scubalady...congradulations.
Could you/would you share more about the process you went through to get to the point you are right now. And contact names. WOW!!! I'm green with ennvy, or should that be belizean blue with envy.
Thanks in advance for shared info.
Also I'm at [email protected].
Thanks again,
Judi

OP Offline
The main web page - set up and run by the owners/developers is www.longcayebelize.com
Our message board, similar to this one, is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LongCaye_Chat/messages
You can go there and read the messages and look at pictures, etc. However, just like this one, in order to post you have to request to join.
Yes, I am very excited.
Harriette

Harriette
T
T
How did you decide which area to buy the lot?
I saw the web cite, but am not able to get there this year. I am a bit nervous to buy sight unseen. Also, will there be a ferry service to Long Caye someday soon?

OP Offline
I too would be cautious about buying site unseen. Have you been to other parts of Belize? Are you a scuba diver?
I think there are a lot of personal questions you need to answer for yourself.
I'm not sure it was Long Caye I was on in 1998 but do know that we dove Half Moon Caye, then put in for lunch at a beach just like the original photo (before Hurricane Mitch).
NO, there will not be REGULAR water taxi service, but Blue Hole Diving will be taking divers, riders and supplies out on a regular basis - weather permitting. Bill is trying to figure out cost/benefits.
Right now it is a two-hour trip from Ambergris Caye and his new boat made it in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Can you live by candlelight? What about cold beer? Car?
Every time I go to the grocery store I think about living without that convenience. Right now I go to COSTCO about one a month. I figure I could probably go to Belize City about that often.
If you have never "lived" in Belize I do not think this would be a place to start. My plan is to dive my brains out and be a gypsy all around the Caribbean. I'm also keeping my home here in California and plan to come back two or three times a year.
Right now I can hardly wait to get up to the sunrise - soak my tired bones in the sea everyday - sit and stare into space - met like minded people - gaze at the stars and go to bed early. The next day maybe fish or talk about fish - maybe dive or talk about diving - maybe ??? what ever turns you on OR off.
Harriette

Harriette

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 292 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.