Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Good Thoughts.... #150280
03/21/03 01:54 PM
03/21/03 01:54 PM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
Is there a connection between rhetorical questions that make people go Hmmm and Campbell's Soup that's Hmmm, Hmmm, Good?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: Good Thoughts.... #150281
03/21/03 09:59 PM
03/21/03 09:59 PM
Tulsa, OK USA
S
Soonergirl Offline

Soonergirl  Offline
S
Hey Toad, How did you know? She was featured on the cover of Seventeen Magazine a few years ago -

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150282
03/22/03 05:49 PM
03/22/03 05:49 PM
sarahsmile Offline

sarahsmile  Offline
Aaahhemmm! Back to the peaceful, nice and happy thoughts...
Well, I have learned to develop a patience for even the ignorant ones!

Here we are now several days into another war...
Last night on tv, the local camera showed a father with a picture of his only son. The man had just recieved news of the death of that son while overseas. He had a message to Bush!

I saw locals who had been rallying against the war...they were family members of victims of 9/11.

I have also spoken to Iraqi-American students who have families who remain over seas. To listen to them puts a lump in my throat. Most seem torn. That seems to be a general impression I guess. It is hard for them to watch their towns going up in smoke...and for once I can completely and wholey feel what they are going through. It makes my body tremble as it did on 9/11.

The same goes for my neighbors, honorable women and men, soldiers, who are out there even if they want to or not!

A warmth, an energy, a strength that flows through me and gives me the support I need to face each day...I send that feeling in a message to all my bretheren and sistren of the world.With each negative action there is a positive action somewhere nearby! Let us find it soon.

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150283
03/22/03 07:14 PM
03/22/03 07:14 PM
oklahoma
T
toad Offline

toad  Offline
T
those are mighty harsh words, sarahsmile, calling someone ignorant.

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150284
03/22/03 11:33 PM
03/22/03 11:33 PM
Caye Caulker
R
rastapasta Offline
rastapasta  Offline
R
This is a time for big up prayers.. we moved to Belize right after Desert Storm so my boys would have the choice to hopefully never serve in a time of war but you can lead a horse to paradise and then they go back to America and get flipsy... yes right now my heart is heavy and full of prayers .... my oldest son Shanti joined the US Army after 9/11 when he was up in America before we lost everything in Hurricane Iris in Placencia last year and has been in Afghanistan since November and was just extended to stay there till mid June leaving my 2 grandbabies and wife here with me ... we have quite a few young Belizeans serving over there now... so light candles and pray for no chemicals and that they will reach home safe... thanks for the prayers
By the way he subscribed to the San Pedro Sun and receives it all the way in Afghanistan... PRAY FOR PEACE Maralyn

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150285
03/23/03 12:12 AM
03/23/03 12:12 AM
bedford tx usa
rickcheri Offline
rickcheri  Offline
Everyday, this war makes me sick to my stomach. I try and stay away from TV etc....Fixing to listen to Josh Groban.....we have friends and family over there!!! One we met on AC our first trip, from the UK....pray for him also-2 kids at home!!! (Dicky)......and yes...pray FOR PEACE!! confused C......we will take a trip to CC for some Conch Fritters!!! See you soon!!

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150286
03/23/03 01:10 AM
03/23/03 01:10 AM
NYgal Offline OP
NYgal  Offline OP
Peace to all serving and to those waiting for their loved ones to return.

Warm hearts.
May we all bind together.
We are one.

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150287
03/24/03 01:22 PM
03/24/03 01:22 PM
Corpus Christi, Texas USA
Debbie Offline

Debbie  Offline
I'm having mixed feelings on this war thing. I hate any kind of war. It all seemed so senseless to me up until I saw the footage of the poor Iraqis running up to our soldiers and hugging and kissing them. Their comments were translated to say, "Thank you so much for saving us from that butcher!" Then I saw one of our soldiers tear down a picture of Saddam on the wall. Part of his face was still hanging and an Iraqi gleefully ran up to the poster, removed his shoe and beat his face with it. He was ecstatic. The look on his face to FINALLY be able to do that free from fear was touching. An Iraqi woman was on CNN at one point as well, who said that all of her family and friends in Iraq were backing the Americans and were waiting for it to be safe to show their support. They are still in fear. They're being used as human sheilds! It was after these events that I saw that our soldiers were doing something to be proud of. Something loving. Something for the betterment of humanity. Their sacrifice is far greater than I can even conceive of....... I ask for their proctection and blessings all around. Yes, we are all one. Debbie

Re: Good Thoughts.... #150288
03/24/03 02:04 PM
03/24/03 02:04 PM
USA
River Shark Offline

River Shark  Offline
Rastapasta,

Our prayers are with your son and you in this time of turmoil.

Thank You & Yours for your contribution. We pray for the safe return of your son and all of our fighting troops.

Be Proud, Be Very Proud of your son.

The Shark

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 102 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,832
Posts492,008
Members20,011
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.