Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I called AA to confirm my flights in May and found that there was a schedule change. Can you believe - I can't get from San Jose, CA to Belize City all in one day now! Seems they changed the first flight out to leave 15 minutes later which leaves less than 40 minutes connecting time in Dallas! Alternate airports may or may not have the same problem now (don't want to get up THAT early to travel an hour to a different airport).

So my options were fly from San Jose to Dallas to Miami and then fly out of Miami the next day to Belize. (NOT!). OR

Fly out to Dallas the evening before and spend the night near DFW (have to stay over night returning home because of the same problem as the out bound).

I chose spending a night at a DFW hotel versus flying for a day and a half with an added flight.

And this doesn't consider any flights to Belize that AA will cancel (they haven't determined that as yet).

So the story isn't over yet - but one thing is for sure - I'm going to Belize in May no matter how many days it takes me!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Well, that stinks.

We generally have one way, usually on the way home we have to overnight, this year we didn't. Thank goodness.

BUT, we had to take an early flight out of BZE, so we may as well have said we lost a day in Belize.
Tickets are free, can't complain toooooo much.

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
laugh NYGal - mine were free too, except I had to pay a change feel last November when I wound up in the hospital. They actually didn't show that I paid the change fee then and wanted to charge me today! I quickly cleared that up (I think). Anyway, I really don't mind the overnight on the outbound - less stress trying to make the short connection in that crazy airport. Perhaps next time I'll take the redeye on Taca out of SFO and see the El Salvador airport! laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
O
O
That is messed up, damn! I tried to change my flight to leave earlier and they told me that the rules only apply to travel up until the 18th of May, I come home on the 19th. Back to the bad luck thing.
Jackie

I
I
So far my flights are ok. I have been holding reservations on AA for 14 days at a time waiting for the fare to go down. So far so good.
Gela - the SFO flights seem to be staying the same, but Oakland has the same issues as San Jose.
Blah!
But I am with you... one way or another I will be in Belize in May. laugh

I have my everythings crossed, what a visual. LOL.....
laugh

Gela,
What about Belize via Houston? Nothing? That is just terrible. confused
Debbie

Islenut, do you think that AAs fares are going to go down. Right now I'm holding my flight with miles, but would much rather get a cheap flight and upgrade. Do you think AA is going to have a sale or something?

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Debbie, I'm on an AA Frequent Flyer ticket - no go on Continental this time around. I think I'll have the same problem being on west coast with catching a very early flight out to the connection.

I
I
Becky - I think prices will go down, it's just how much... I do just what you are doing, hold my ticket and if it gets cheap enough I buy the ticket and then upgrade with miles. Last year at this time I got my ticket for $360. April is when I bought the ticket which is why I am still waiting.
It is a little easier for me as I fly out of SFO. More flights and more options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.