Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#151135 04/06/03 08:32 AM
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
1. Should I carry my dive computer and camera with me onto the plane? (Will they allow it?)
2. How's the weather lately? Water Temps?
3. When can I buy flowers on AC?
4. Is it time to get on the plane yet?
5. Whats the size restriction for carry on's? Flying American Airlines.
6. Has anyone had anything stolen from bags flying through either DFW or Miami airports? I'm worried about all my dive gear.

13 days and a wakeup.............................
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Found this..thanks Jackie
http://www.aa.com/content/customerS....jhtml#Size%20and%20Number%20of%20Pieces

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#151136 04/06/03 09:49 AM
O
O
1.) YES, you should carry it, Yes, they allow it.
2.) Dunno, gotta be better than cold and snow, like today again.
3.) Whenever you want to buy me flowers!!!
4.) NO, not yet
5.) Check there website, www.aa.com
6.) No, nothing ever stolen. Dont worry.

Jackie

#151137 04/06/03 03:03 PM
M
M
Alrighty, let me see if my memory works and if I remember all your questions:

(1) I'm blind as a bat, and learned on my first trip to have all essentials, like my prescription dive mask right on my paw. Think of it this way, if you don't want to live without it, carry it on with you. All my important stuff is in my carry-on.

(2) Good question re the weather..I left on 3/4, my guess, probably good, but ask others. Or just check the weather thingy on AOL.

(3) Do you want to buy flowers to have in your room, or seeds to send home? Oddly enough, all these nine years, I've never seen a seed for sale on AC. Nor, a flower shop. If anyone does, please enlighten me! I don't know where you are staying. My pet, Paradise Resort Hotel puts flowers in my room every day. They clip it from the grounds. You could check with your hotel. PRH had, one day when I was in the office, a huge bouquet to take to a honeymoon couple, and I gues most hotels would do the same. And if the place has flowers on the grounds, they won't mind, I should think, if you snip a few to hand to your loved one. I take hibiscus for my front porch every day, over what the hotel does for me. Needless to say, it is appropriate to ask first. And, if it is special day, all the hotels will do something nice, if you ask. At PRH, they just do it. On Valentine's day, we found a huge heart on our bed made of bouganvilla brachts. On my birthday, we came home to find balloons and flowers everywhere. All Belizeans are generous folks. Of course, we have a history with PRH, so you may have to ask first, for the flowers at your place, but most Belizens gladly will take good care of guests. And, if you go awhile, they will attend to being nice to you.

(4) Now, and I wish I was going, too!!!!!!!!

(5) What can fit under your seat is the restriction, and that is not too big. Only two bags total, so pack light or you may have to cough up an extra $40US per bag, if the agent is paying attention.

(6) Never had a problem with thievery, but I am a former airline employee, and am the queen of packing light. I get all my dive stuff in the small regular bag, that I used to be able to carry on. You know, the one with the cart. I squish in my three pairs of shorts and three tees. Gym shoes to go in, and a pair of sandals. So, it is not as obvious as a dive bag. Propably a smart idea to avoid big, fancy dive bags, although, back in the day when I used one, I never had a problen. Just a pain to tote. Probably, I haul more cosmetics than cloths...I am a tad vain. This year, since we went over my birthday, I did take a pretty dress. I wash out stuff every night and hang it up to dry. Works for me!!!!!!!!

Have a great trip. I am a low maintenancce traveler, and perhaps you like more, so keep checking this site. You might find more info more valuable to you.

#151138 04/06/03 03:04 PM
More troublesome these days is TSA opening your bag for inspection behind the scenes. So don't lock your bags, put zip ties on instead. That way, they will just cut the zip tie and replace it afterwards. If they have been in your bag for inspection there will be a little note inside when you open it at the hotel. If you want to know about it when you first pick up your bags, use multicolored zip ties because TSA uses the standard white ones.

Don't put a camera in your checked bags, the Xray that they use to screen the bags is too powerful. Make sure that your cameras and film are in your carry on. Maybe even remove them and put them in the trays to see if they can be passed through without xray.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#151139 04/06/03 07:59 PM
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks folks....

#151140 04/06/03 08:19 PM
E
E
Ax, is this your first trip to SP? I thought you had many trips prior. Just curious.

#151141 04/06/03 08:24 PM
Axe -leave Immising at home and bring lots more money than the amount you first thought of and then you can buy us all drinks-as we are all very poor and destitue
p.s.it is 14 days with no wake up

#151142 04/15/03 04:53 AM
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
2nd trip...Just concerned about airport security forbiding electronic gear after 9/11.
I've got a ton of gear I wanna bring, plus I'm carting Rapier's stuff too.
See you there...
I'll be found either on the deck at Holiday or Coconuts bar....when not underwater.

#151143 04/15/03 05:40 AM
None of my business of couse, but why are you taking Rapier's stuff? You might get into a bit of bind when they ask if you have packed all your own luggage yourself and never let it out of your sight. I don't see why you couldn't carry on your computer. As for your camera, how big is it? Can you fit it into your carry on bag? Then you should be able to.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#151144 04/15/03 06:59 AM
SS - That's one of those stupid questions they are phasing out. Only was asked that by the French & Italians - not the US & Belezians my last trip. It is a really stupid question when you think about it, since 09/11.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.