3. Singapore
4. Vietnam
5. India
6. Canada

No Visas or entry permits will be issued to persons from these countries
for the time being.

Entry into Belize may also be refused to any suspected case of SARS from
any other country.

All airlines are being informed accordingly.

Belizeans are advised not to travel to any of the above countries until
further notice.

The Immigration Department is working closely with the Ministry of
Health to ensure that SARS is not carried into Belize by travelers.

#151965 04/22/03 01:50 PM
That's ridiculous. There aren't even any cases of SARS here in my province and I don't get anywhere near Ontario to get to Belize.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#151966 04/22/03 03:34 PM
I wouldn't say the government of Belize is to blame for this new travel policy but there isn't even a diagnostic test to reveal just what SARS is and whether or not it is actually "a particular" virus. Just don't cough in line at the airport or some half wit will report you to the "authorities". Check out this article by Jon Rappaport:

A DEMAND FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SARS

Weekend edition, April 19-20. After all that I have written about SARS, it is time to insist that the WHO.CDC researchers who came up with the coronavirus supply the scientific community and public with more information.

Specifically, all the details pertaining to their initial discovery and isolation of the virus.

Why? Because, for all we know, they have never isolated it.

Is there a precedent for such a scandal?

Some months ago, reporter Nick Regush, who at the time was working for ABC, began to investigate the so-called hepatitis C virus.

He wrote: "...to this day, no one has ever been able to isolate such a virus [for hepatitis C] in an intact form, nor has anyone been able to grow it in a culture....They [researchers] began by injecting blood from hepatitis patients into chimps. In half of the animals, they noted signs of infection in the form of a biological marker of hepatitis called alanine aminotransferase. The injected blood, however, did not cause hepatitis..."

Regush goes on: "What they [the researchers] found, with the use of high-tech amplification tools [like the PCR test], was essentially a small piece of genetic information...On the basis of tests to reconstruct pieces of what they believed was a virus, they presumed that this bit of RNA was foreign and viral---even though they had no basic evidence that their 'catch' behaved like a virus. But never mind. Just clone the pieces of genetic information; work out the genetic sequences; using indirect methods, generate proteins presumably coming from a virus's genetic code; create an antibody test against this genetic information; test many patients who turn out to be positive against this genetic information---and lo and behold, you have an epidemic."

We are talking about a highly complex set of operations here, studded with questionable inferences at every crucial juncture.

In the case of SARS, whatever operations took place are encased within a closed and private Internet structure run by 11 elite labs around the world.

We only get the press releases that come after the scientists have made their choices and decisions.

Yes, we hear that the coronavirus was injected into an unknown number of chimps, and that some of them developed a pneumonia. But what really happened? Were the researchers, in fact, making the same sorts of speculations Regush outlines in his analysis of hepatitis C?

We do have one clue, dropped by Dr. Frank Plummer, who heads up the Canadian WHO lab, one of the elite 11 facilities. In diagnosed SARS patients, he was only able to detect tiny amounts of coronavirus---and this genetic material had to be amplified by the PCR test to obtain "something" he could identify in any way at all.

We naively assume that virus hunters have some kind of soup composed of a patient's blood, and they place a sample under a microscope and look around and see a floating creature.

As you can see from Regush's description, things don't always work that way. In fact, we know very little about how these viruses are first discovered and isolated. And we know very little about what the researchers mean when they say "the chimps got sick." Maybe they really mean they saw esoteric biological markers they assume indicate the presence of a certain virus.

I have queried several scientists on this subject. I have asked them how a new virus is found and isolated. I have gotten nothing back. At first, I thought I was receiving a brush-off. Now I'm beginning to think these people don't really know how it's done. They are as much in the dark as we are.

And here is another clue. Every new "outbreak" coming down the pipeline in recent years seems to be caused by a virus. Not a bacteria. Not a parasite. Why is that? Is it because the people who have a chokehold on the research happen to make their living hunting for viruses?

There is a huge simmering scandal here. The lid has to be removed from the secrecy. The rituals of the virus hunters have to be brought into the light and translated down into terms we can understand. Not for academic reasons alone, but because what these hunters are carrying back from their private expeditions are having enormous health and political consequences for us.

JON RAPPOPORT www.nomorefakenews.com

#151967 04/22/03 04:59 PM
I can't believe it. they gotta go back on this. its huge.

#151968 04/22/03 05:41 PM
any idea on how many visitors come to AC each year from Canada?

My guess is that for the other 6 countries listed, they wouldn't fill an airplane!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#151969 04/22/03 06:22 PM
M
M
Humph! We have large Indian and Chinese communities here (mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan) an plenty of traffic between Belize and those countries. And only about 5 working respirators. My doc thought they should have done this weeks ago so we DON'T have a problem in Belize. I'm sure it's gonna humbug lots of vacationing Canadians and hope the tourist industry here agrees to accomodate people who have booked and prepaid for rooms. I'm not sure how the airlines will handle cancelations and requests for refunds. I guess we'll find out manana.

Maya Travel Services
#151970 04/22/03 10:16 PM
L
L
All I can say to this is that I sure would not be heading to any Asian countries at this time.

#151971 04/22/03 10:24 PM
KC Offline
Our current guests at Los Encantos are from Canada. Think they will let them go home? :rolleyes:

We've had several guests from Canada. Sheesh. If they put a ban on the U.S. I don't know what I'll do... Let's see... If I could just see it coming and get down there before they close the gate...

K

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#151972 04/22/03 10:34 PM
Maya,

I know there are communities in BZ of Asian origin. Just meant it's doubtful that there are large contingents of travel between there. I could be wrong....was once in my life, so I guess it could happen again.

Still curious about the numbers, though.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#151973 04/22/03 10:52 PM
Just wondering, will the cruise ship passengers be allowed to come ashore in Belize City, now?

Do the cruise ship passengers have to have a current passport, to come ashore?

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.