Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#152116 04/26/03 12:23 AM
OP Offline
Well I just got home from yet another adventure in Belize! This was a very different trip from the 4 previous ones. I was just standing eating and talking to my mum when she asked why my feet were so blue. I looked down to notice my feet were blue and swelling. I moved them around to see if it was my positioning but realized that I really have a case of edema and its even hard to walk! SOooo I'm off to bed to see if I have any changes by morning. Hmmmmmmm??????!!!!?????Strange!

#152117 04/26/03 06:11 AM
Sarah, Sarah, welcome home, awwwww, sorry to hear about your edema. Get alot of rest, keep them feetsies elevated, and you just take care of yourself. I wanna hear about your latest trip, when you are better. smile

#152118 04/27/03 08:00 PM
OP Offline
ok well the feets is better but I am concerned that my heart is malfunctioning and causing the edema....have not been feeling my best since I hit 27 while I was down there. (oh well...laughing it off :p ) SO this trip was really different from all of the other ones...I guess people see me so much that they figure I am in search of a husband....I had one woman call me her daughter-in-law and tell me she wanted to see me next with an Indian baby! WOW! eek Not going to happen for a while! I am now officially appointed to the trade buisness...if only I could figure how to do that legally with customs! oooppps! Yes I might be going commercial! uuuuh what else.....I ran into a bush healer that I had worked with in January and he was so excited to see me but then he was so dissapointed to hear I was leaving the next day. I had invited him to share his knowlege about treating AIDs symptoms and he wanted to know if he could still be of any help! I met with a man that heads an NGO and discused making a catalog of the Mayan crafts that the women are learning to properly market through special training for reproduction of the same items. If anyone is interested in seeing a catalog let me know...as of yet it has not been created but I have some pictures to start it. ok well that is all for now! pictures may come later if i locate any good ones of the trip for posting.

#152119 04/27/03 08:11 PM
OP Offline
Oh yeah a really cool thing happened...while I was in Cayo using the internet (and it was not working properly) that opened discussions with the man who started it. I told him my plan of starting a resource center in Big Falls where I could have a place to stay and fill it with books and literature and current world news updates and an internet. It would be where I could tutor the kids also. He even mentioned he might have some computers to donate. So that was cool!
Oh yes I also checked out the new Lodge at Big Falls. It was nice. The man let me use some binoculars to walk around the propery even though I wasnt staying there. I then ate breakfast there. It was nice. He gave me a tour. Again I say it was nice! A great get away but I cant help feeling territorial over the village and how it seems out of place! It does not really benefit the people of Big Falls at all. In fact it may take away buisness from the Coleman's Cafe or the Aleman's Guest house...although it probably wont! I even noticed another lodge there that I had never seen before...they put up a new sign.

#152120 04/27/03 08:18 PM
SS -

You better take care of yourself, gal smile !

Belize needs people like you AND WE ALL live vicarioulsly through you when you are there and we are not...and we care about you too! Keep us posted on the NGO project and your residential one too, sounds intriguing & has possibilities.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#152121 04/27/03 09:20 PM
OP Offline
klcman did u say u need another tshirt...emailme ur address i will send another [email protected]

#152122 04/27/03 09:48 PM
yuppers

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#152123 04/28/03 06:11 AM
Sarah, thanks for the update on your trip and upcoming endeavors. I want to see a catalog! klc is right, we do live vicariously through you, and admire your commitment to Belize.

May your health improve, we want to hear the continuing saga of Sarah! smile

#152124 04/28/03 11:37 AM
Best get to the Doc Sarah and get checked out girl! Totally enjoy your reports, always.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!

#152125 04/28/03 06:17 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the wishes an glad I can share my stories! I still feel bad today and had to leave school (my nursing instructor told me I had a heart murmer...I heard the swishing too) to see the doc however I dont have one so I went to the walk in place where I get my malaria pills. THat doc is friends with the chief justice of Belize! Well he was worried about a pulmonary embolism so I had a partial work up but he kept insisting I said I had chest pain.....duh ...I did not say that, but even at the xray place they asked again where was the pain exactly. I was getting annoyed that no one was paying attention to the fact that there was no pain! It was so obvious that my pulse was bounding, my little paper gown was dancing to my heart rythm as I lay on the table but that was of no concern to anyone! So I go back next week to have an echo done by a real doc....a cardiologist! I think it must just be anxiety and dread of being back in the states! Hahahahahaha! Oh well what can ya do? I admitt I have lost total interest in school and at this point am not sure where I am going! If I knew that that young man in Belize could pay off my debt, I just might agree to be that daughter in law after all.......however.....no bank or bill collector here will take corn as a trade off thats for sure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.