Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
nodrama Offline OP
OP Offline
I was a member of the message board about 3 years ago and got really good info. Unfortunately, have not been back to Ambergris (or the messgae board) since (boo-hoo). I'm sure there's been many discussions on getting married on Ambergris. Didn't really find much when I searched the past 30 days. No particular date set yet, and would love it to be on the island. Don't want anything big and "organized", so to speak. Very simple and informal. I know there's a chapel in San Pedro and am interested in finding out info about small ceremonies there. Also a florist and videographer. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

For starters, do you know where you are staying? Usually, the place where you stay can have it all arranged for you... you just show up! Just remember you have to be in Belize 3 days before you get married.

nodrama Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Denny,

Not sure where we're staying yet. Not even sure we're doing it in Belize yet. Kind of winging it. I'm not much for big, formal stuff. I've read that the resorts do everything for you but I don't want to spend a lot of money, either. I'm not too demanding, huh? I guess I should just start doing some homework and see what the best route is (for informality and money). I'm interested in the legalities of the whole thing, too. Whre do I get the license application, whre do I submit, etc. Thanks for your help!

The cheapest way is to pay 200usd for this you can get amrried on the beach(there is an englishman who is licensed and charges 100usd)-the papwerwork is approx 100usd(maybe less),and Florasol have an agency here-where you get married is up too you but there is no charge for the beach(that is cheap as you can get).
you have to be here 3 days,as already stated

nodrama Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Pedro1!

Florasol is the name of the agency for the paperwork? Would you know how to get in touch with them? Maybe they could give me info on getting married in the chapel. Thanks SO much!

here is info on legalities...hope it helps

//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/marriage.html

here are pictures to get you in the mood: she's an excellent photographer

http://KayScott.com/index.html

wink

Florasol is for flowers

S
S
You might chat with the good folks at Caribbean Villas Hotel. They coordinate and host many weddings, both small and large. They arrange any and all support that you want including flowers, minister, paperwork, photographer, etc. at reasonable prices. Lily or Susan would be happy to assist you; you can link them through "Lodging" above. CV has a great beach and nice little gardens for ceremony and/or photos. They also have info about the little chapel in San Pablo. Happy wedding and marriage!

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002109

Reality is due to lack of alcohol
M
M
Check the About Other Parts of Belize site and the Ambergris Caye site (look for Scott Kelly). Lots of discussion there going on about the same issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.