Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Fellow messageboarders:

The Caye Caulker Elementary School needs your help!

The CCES is wanting to open a library for its schoolchildren. However, there is a severe shortage of books: namely, reference books (such as encyclopedias, science books, geography books, teacher's manuals, etc.), activity books such as those sold in the dollar stores in the U.S., with math, science, language activities for children (these would be used to provide extra-curricular school work for children), any type of reading materials for elementary school aged children, and any other types of books or materials that would assist both teachers and schools in enabling a better learning environment for the children.

In this respect, I am asking each messageboarder that lives in the U.S. (or elsewhere) to kindly visit your nearest thrift shop or local book store, purchase a box of relevant books, and kindly donate the books (together with the
shipping) to the Caye Caulker Elementary School Library Project.

Any donations are very much appreciated. You can contact me directly at [email protected]. Please mail the donated books to the following address:

Wendy Auxillou
Caye Caulker Elementary School Library Project
P.O. Box 51
Caye Caulker, Belize
Central America

I will pay to clear the books out of customs, and will deliver the books to the elementary school.

Please help to support a worthwhile project for the children of Caye Caulker.

My personal goal is to gather 10,000 relevant books. Please help if you can.

Thanks a bunch!

Wendy Auxillou

M
M
My wife and I are teachers in Colorado. We will be visiting Caye Caulker in late June and were hoping to help out. We were talking the other day about how many school supplies are left behind by children and thought that perhaps we could bring some with us. Children leave pencils, pens, markers, paper, etc. We were wondering if any of these items would be welcome as well. We will do what we can to bring some books down as well. Please let us know about the other school supplies.

G
G
Hi Again,
I still have the list from the school needs after Keith. I posted it but probably if we did a search on these websites it would still be here - Rick & Cheri may remember this.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Any items that will help the school are very welcomed: that includes art supplies, sports equipment, pens, pencils, markers, books, etc. We appreciate any donation that will help to make the school a better place for the children.

Cheers,
Wendy

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
The snip below was posted on the Caye Caulker message board where I have also posted the request for donations.

To all those that offered to send books to the Caye Caulker Elementary School Library Project, perhaps it would help with those wanting to donate, but not sure how to get the books here. My one request is that the mails also be copied to me directly ([email protected]) in order to minimize duplication of efforts, duplication of books and to minimize confusion:

*** snip ***

If you pack books into big 18 gallon boxes with snap on lids -Rubbermaid is best $9 at Venture- you can send them Fedex Ground for less than US$15 a box to Hyde Shipping in Fla. They ship every Thurs arriving Mon. and charge about another US$15 a box to send them on to Belize City. This is much better for us than waiting for months and getting helpers to lug 50 lb suitcases. The best deal on Hyde is a group of six boxes for about US$85. The boxes hold a lot of books and are useful dry storage on their own at the school. I just had a better idea. Ship books fedex ground to Hyde Shipping and I will pay the Miami to CC Elementary part myself. E mail me first please so some one will be there for Customs. [email protected].

*** end snip ***

Anyone wishing to go this route is very welcomed to do so, however, I would appreciate a copy of any e-mails sent to [email protected] just so I can have a clear tally of how many books are heading this way in order to avoid duplicating efforts.

WE remember this! Were these books not already distributed? Email us!! C

G
G
Cheri,
I imagine they were and that this is a new request for the school. I know that a lot of the boxes arrived before the school was completed but the town councilman at the time was responsible for accepting them. I really never heard the outcome of the donations.
I lost your email addy and I know it is on here somewhere...

Read your post about the school contact SP Lions have them email [email protected] I met them in April and as a Past President here in states maybe I can get you some support. We do more than just eyes, will try to help.

Steve

Is there a place or person one can hand deliever books and supplies?

Gone fishing!!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Bill:

Thanks for your note above. Where are you located? In Belize somewhere?

Cheers,
Wendy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.