Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hipanda Offline OP
OP Offline
I am at the point where I need to choose between two places to stay- Holiday Hotel or Spindrifts. Are there any members who have stayed at both properties and prefer one over the other?

Hey ya'll,
Stay at the Holiday!!! We have been staying there every six months for the past 3 yrs. and love it. You cant go wrong there....
The staff the mgt, the people there are great!!!
great rooms, espeically the ones with a fridge, and the view you can not go wrong. Tell Kim you know us and she may give ya all a discount!!
Let us know,
Thanks,
Rick laugh wink cool wink

KBG Offline
RICK/CHERI
Not meaning to disagree but we all have our favorites. Mine is Spindrift. No the management is not as frieldly. But where else can you stay for the same price and have a great bar, Pier Longue just down stairs, a good restaurant, Calantie's (sp?) in the same building, Estelle's By the Sea for breakfast next door, and right in the middle of everything. Also great views. Give Spindrift a chance. Stayed there and Holiday Hotel both and keep going back to Spindrift. Either will be fine and you should have a great time. Whatever get to Belize soon and enjoy before all the tourist from Cancun discover it and ruin everything. KBG laugh :rolleyes:

Hipanda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both - rickcheri and KGB. From your comments, I'm sure both places would be good to stay at. I have decided to stay at the Holiday because having a refrigerator is a big plus.

On a side note, I want to mention that I feel communication between the hotel property and the potential customer is very important. Initially I was considering two properties other than Holiday and Spindrifts. One of them responded to my rate inquiry with a rate for the wrong number of days and did not mention anything about the 10% discount for a week stay, as outlined on their website. The second property stated on their website that the seventh night would be free, however when I inquired about it in my email, it wasn't addressed in their reply. I questioned them again and was informed that this discount only applies to their more expensive suites. I can understand this, but it should be stated as such on the website, eliminating any misunderstandings.

Hotels and resorts that may in fact be wonderful places to stay at, all too often undermine their potential business through poor communication.

Thanks again for your advice. I look forward to my stay with a great deal of excitement. cool

KBG Offline
HiPanda
I fully agree with your response and I am sure you have made a good choice. But remember this is Belize, not USA. Web Sites and computer response is not yet a big factor. Not long ago, not evea a factor at all. Some properties are still in this mode. Ths is part of the charm of Belize. You will enjoy either location. But gooooo soon before it becomes like Disney Land, all computer driven and 1000's tourist. KBG laugh :rolleyes:

Sounds like this could be the influence of deceptive, money-grubbing expats that's operating contrary to established business practices in AC.

Of course, I could be wrong.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 208 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.