Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Can someone cut through the conflicting information out there and let me know what the real skinny is on mosquito's in and around san pedro during the month of september?

-john / shauna
T
T
they're on vacation...

S
S
The mosquitos are real skinny then from lack of tourists. Come on down.

Universal rule...after rains, the mosquitos arrive, and will be strong, if there is not a good breeze blowing.

Dare To Deviate
Take repellant with deet. No problem.

:p

**Jim
V
V
For the most part, Chloe is correct. Remember you will be in a tropical environment where the little critters live and breed. The town board has begun spraying for them and it seems to be helping. Most people have reported Deepwoods off for sportmen works best it is in a green/blue can. We live here year around and agree with that, also remember perfume and cologne can attract them.

I agree about the cologne and perfume... don't even bring it... the only people you would impress by wearing it would be yourselves... laugh

The little buggers are pretty tolerable in town where there is spraying... but the further you go out of town, the denser the skeeters population increases.

yat Offline
I've been down the past 4 or 5 Septembers and have never been bothered by the critters. I've stayed in town, either at Ruby's or Lily's. There was always a constant breeze along with a very occassional passing rain shower.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.