Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
I rescheduled my recent trip to AC due to health issues. I am now hoping to travel in early May and have added 2 nights more to my trip. I now am spending 7 nights on AC and have 2 more nights that I can spend on mainland. Since the only time I have spent on the mainland was Maruba Spa, I would like to see something else.

I can fly back to Belize City very early on a Saturday and then venture out from there. Hopefully I would get to my next distination so that I would have at least the afternoon to enjoy the area and then a full day next day and then would have to head back to Belize City to fly home the following day.

Please tell me your thoughts/recommendations. Thanks for your reply!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
S
S
Recommend you check out Banana Bank Lodge - they have a Web site. Jungle, horseback riding, canoe trips - at BBL; other tours around the Cayo area from BBL include cave tubing, Belizian ruins, Tikal ruins, etc. Folks at BBL are great - honest, with personalized advice. Have a great trip!

Good Advice! By the way you can read all about it at: [wwwBananabank.com]

S
S
My husband and I travelled around Belize last February and the caving trip to Actun Tuniche Muchnal was one of the highlights. You can go with a registered tour guide from St. Ignacio. This is a full day trip and involves some effort but the Mayan ruins inside the cave will make it all worthwhile. Don't miss out!! We also did a day trip to Tikal and really enjoyed it. One day there was enough for us. Some people do an overnight trip and see the sunrise over the ruins in the jungle. Either way, Tikal is a must see!!

I would suggest the Cayo District as well. There is a wealth of stuff to do there from Mayan Ruins, to caving, to river trips, waterfalls, swimming holes, etc, etc. Take a look at www.belizex.com for some ideas.

Go to Caves Branch - do some cave tubing or do the Black Hole Drop.... you'll love it, and you'll be more than ready for some relaxation on AC when you're done! :p

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. Banana Bank looks interesting. It isn't as far as some of the other lodges yet is close to many attractions. One hitch I have found so far - if Banana Bank provides the transportation to and from Belize airport - it will cost me $100US round trip (I'm traveling alone but get charged a minimum of 2 people). My other option is to taxi to bus station, take bus to Belmopan(?) and then taxi to Banana Bank? Is there another way to get there that may be a compromise between these two options?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Try taking the bus to Cayo, get off at the entrance to BB and walk in the dirt road, bang the gong and wait wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
Banana Bank will also pick you up at the Belmopan bus station free; just make arrangements with them. The market next to the Belmopan bus station is full of fruits at great prices. Bus ride to Belmopan is easy and cheap - see if express buses are available at your time of travel from Belize City. Happy trip!

U
U
Gela, I was just on the mainland for 4 days and I would recommend staying at the Aguada Hotel in Santa Elena and let Lenny Wragg arrange everything for you, from picking you up at the airport/ferry to arranging all tours. We did the Mountain Pine Ridge tour, The Ultimate Jungle Experience (better be in good shape for that), cave tubing at Jaguar Paw, and a trip to Tikal which should NOT be missed. Go to Caracol too!! The Aguada is VERY reasonable, only $27 a night when we were there. The food was the best. We were a little leery at first before we got there because of the price, but were not disappointed. How much time does someone spend in a room anyway? We spent it visiting with the owner and his wife, Bill and Kathy. By the time we got back after our excursions we were worn out and went right to sleep. Have fun and tell Lenny hi from Lynn and Lana.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.