Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155586 07/25/03 05:21 PM
C
corey Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Okay i have got great feedback from lonely planet so wanted to see what you great folks have to offer. I will be in Belize from dec 17 to jan 6. want to know what to expect as far as weather is concerned. I am very adventurous and can deal with extremities. If you have any great places please let me know and also how much should i plan to budget for my time.

#155587 07/25/03 08:00 PM
you will need to be more specific about:

* where in belize (mainland or cayes or both)?

* how much time are you staying?

* what is your budget like?

* what caliber of places do you like to stay?

* what activities do you enjoy?

#155588 07/26/03 11:39 AM
T
T
go to the blue hole and have some sharks chummed up....

go to the caves..i have never been, but will go next time cause it sounds too cool for school

i'd have to skip the zoo...who wants to see caged animals?

eat lots of fish

wear dark shades

have some cavity searches

#155589 07/27/03 04:16 AM
If your not Scuba certified, I'd do a snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley near San Pedro. Another suggestion would be a rainforest experience maybe at Cockscombe Reserve. A visit at a Mayan Ruin is also very worthwhile. Several in the Cayo District to choose from. The ultimate Mayan Ruin is Tikal. It is only an hour or so from the Belize/Guatemala border in near San Ignacio. The Toledo District of Southern Belize has many great opportunities to experience contemporary Mayan civilization. Opportunites are found in Punta Gorda to live amoungst the Mayans. Canoeing the Mical River near San Ignacio is also a worthwhile experience. Butterfly farms in Cayo are very interesting particularly at the time of year you will be there. There are many great handbooks on the market regarding Belize destinations. Good luck!!

Gone fishing!!
#155590 07/27/03 08:01 AM
The weather in Dec-Jan is "changing" - you will probably get a varitey of good & not so good weather.
For sure it will be cold at night in Mountain Pine area - suggest staying at Hidden Valley Lodge at that time of year, since they actually have heat in the rooms - fabulous, romantic fireplaces.

#155591 07/27/03 08:46 AM
K
K
Since you consulted "Lonely Planet", I assume you are on my "budget" and so will be stuck on buses annd boats, rather than planes and/or your own car, actually a great way to travel, if not the following goes one way or another. Even though Belize is a small country, the travel part always seems to eat up a lot of time. Don't plan to much for the days you are moving around, don't stress yourself. If you go South, try Hopkins, really nice little town, nice beaches, nice people, best riceandbeans I have ever had, with luck some wonderful Garifuna drumming, a little hard to get to if you don't drive, stay away from Dangriga, both San Pedro and Placencia will be busy that time of the year, so plan ahead a little, actually the whole country will be busy. Mountain Pine Ridge in Cayo is worth at least a day, in San Pedro, get somebody to take you up norht to Rocky Point, beautiful day trip with stops for snorkling, fishing, BBQ, just ask around for a captain to take you... in addition to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley of course! Try to go there early in the morning. Things change fast in Belize, so keep on asking this board or other boards for specifics! good luck and have a wonderful time!

#155592 07/28/03 10:16 AM
M
M
Hidden Valley Inn has a fireplace in each room and a pile of cut wood on your doorstep so you can feed it all night long if you wish. Temps here can drop to high 40's in winter and even cooler on nearby Baldy Beacon, even in summer.

Maya Travel Services

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.