Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155946 08/08/03 06:51 PM
OP Offline
Could an admin or mod please move on the non-AC-related posts to General Chat? I'd hate for some innocent passer-by see the mess that's going on whilst trying to elicit information from this crowd.

#155947 08/08/03 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Actually, I'd think leaving that information their would be beneficial to those looking for a true picture of AC.

#155948 08/08/03 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Turnbun:

Honest question: Do you make money directly or indirectly from this site? Please accept my apologizes in advance if I am incorrect.

#155949 08/08/03 06:59 PM
OP Offline
UM, no I don't. I am a stay at home mother (former attorney) of a 10-month-old who lives in Austin, TX. My husband is an attorney here. We have no financial interest in this board or anything relating to AC or Belize or Central America or the Carribean for that matter. We happened to get married on AC a couple of years ago, and it's a place I hold near and dear to my heart. I've been off the boards for a while, but have returned in the past couple of months because we are making a return trip to celebrate our anniversary in a couple of weeks.

NONE of the posts that I request be moved have anything to do with the island. This board is lacking organization right now, and I simply reqested organization be restored for the sake of those not involved in these discussions.

For someone who likes to strut his individuality, you sure seem rather duplicitous.

#155950 08/08/03 07:14 PM
Uh huh, he does Turnburn.

#155951 08/08/03 07:19 PM
you are a genius. thanks for the impetus. my first real day back atg the board since july 9

still a lil dizzy from travelling

#155952 08/08/03 07:25 PM
Welcome back Marty! Hope you had a great vacation.

Quite the first day back, eh? smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#155953 08/08/03 07:29 PM
a request for organization is quite a good idea!

yes, what a day back. especially with my two main machines blown and me running off a handheld PDA with a screen the size of, well, a PDA.

cool unit though. wireless 11 mbps full internet. next model will do 54mbps, MUCH better. i never liked pda's til this one with full windows, like word etc, and full internet.

#155954 08/08/03 07:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Turnbun:

As I offered my apologies in advance, I do so now in arrears. Please note my question was a sincere one, though I can understand why on this board you would doubt the sincerity of posts. I do not recall "struting my individuality" and so am at a loss at your accusations of duplicity.

However, since there is a more pleasing topic on hand, let me also congratuate you on ushering in a new little one to the world. As I've experienced on 4 occasions, you are rapidly approaching the most exciting time with your new (first?) addition. Not that I regret any moment of my fatherhood, but I have to say the time between 2-5 is the most wonderous of them all, so many questions, so much discovery!

And to lead from that grand topic to one less so, may I say that that was the point of my question, trying to discover the commercial nature of random posters. It was certainly nothing personal, I hope you do not take it as such.

And one more word of advice that you can do with what you wish, keep on being that stay at home mom as long as you can, there is no substitute for everpresent motherhood, it is a shame more are not able to afford to do so.

#155955 08/08/03 07:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
One addition:

Please note that my question to you re: the commercial nature of this board was asked in concert with a large issue which I raised with Marty on a seperate thread regarding the grey area between information & commerce that has seemed to be the root of the recent turbulence on the board (since moved or deleted, I know not which).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.