Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#155992 08/11/03 04:25 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I am searching for a missing American; Mike Rhine, 24 years old, 6' tall, RED hair. Last seen on a Mayaland Tour to see the Maya Ruins. He is suicidal and his parents are desperatley searching for him. If you have seen him please contact me or the US Embassy in Belize City asap. Thanks again, Mike Stone

Mike Stone
Mike:
I don't know about your friend. However, I just wanted to let you know that I'll say a prayer for him and his parents that he makes a safe return home. I also just wanted to keep your post at the top. You may want to come "bump" it up every now and then.
Jennifer

M
M
I assume you have also been in touch with the US Embassy in Guatemala? They must have a US warden in the Peten region who can circulate this info. Embassy here is working on it. He should be easy to find. You might want to fly down to look for him or hire someone here to do so.

Maya Travel Services
Please post a photo somewhere on the net. I live on Caye Caulker and many traveler's under the age of 30 make a stop here. I can look around the Caye for him and circulate his photo amongst the hotel owners.
--Lee
www.cybercayecaulker.com
www.caribbean-colors.com

Hope the vacation helps your friend. Apparently he was suicidal before arriving in Central America.

Gone fishing!!
I know for many on this board, a trip to Belize is actually an attitude adjustment, to make reality and the pressures of home bearable.... Let's all pray that it had the same effect on this poor fellow. May God be with him.
Debbie

If this is a legitimate request for assistance, please forgive me - I must add a cautionary note based on life-experience right here on AC.

Once upon a time a pair of very worried relatives arrived on Ambergris Caye looking for a man who "disappeared" whilst on vacation ---- they needed desperately to tell him that his son was about to have critical brain surgery. The story went that the missing man was depressed over a recent divorce in which he lost custody of his children; that he came to AC on vacation to regain some emotional balance, but instead had made a drunken call home, saying he was not coming back (failed to show up at his office, etc. etc. - promising attorney with a flourishing practice, etc.) One individual was strongly moved to help - she located the missing tourist and gave the relatives all the info they needed to find him pronto. The "concerned relatives" showed up at his place of residence, beat him up and managed to abduct him.

Another time ------- "Americas Most Wanted" showed a photo of a very bad man - unfortunately a popular (non-violent) and well-known local resident looked just like the photo of the killer. A "concerned" citizen called in a tip, and the man was nabbed. Without any pretense of due process he was about to be taken onto a plane and off to the US ....... fortunately a local attorney intervened before the scheduled flight, the mistaken identity was clarified, and he was released.

Before you start jumping into the missing persons / detective business, remember where you are and think twice about what you are doing. If you find a "missing person" it's a really good idea to ask them if they think they are missing.

Also remember the possibility that both sides could be bad-guys - getting in the middle of that sort of thing is not good for your health and longevity.

No free lunches from my quarter. Is a reward offered?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Diane, you hit the nail right on the head with your posting.

M
M
The US Embassy is taking this seriously. I'm not sure thugs would go thru offical channels to locate someone. But then again...I've seen people in official channels act like thugs.

Maya Travel Services
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.