Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15609 12/31/02 09:16 PM
Denice Offline OP
OP Offline
I am seriously considering a move to San Pedro. I have been there twice and I am planning my third trip probably in March. I have not stopped
thinking of San Pedro since the day I first stepped foot on her sandy streets. I truly feel a calling to this island and miss it each day I am away. I am an accomplished business manager and I am working on my BA in Psych and BS in BIO. Anyone looking for an educated adventurer to manage a business??? Or maybe you need someone to talk to....or have a need for a biologist???? LOL....my point is I can do about anything and I'm not stupid....If anyone knows of any opportunities drop me a line....also any insight into imigration laws would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Denice

#15610 12/31/02 10:11 PM
S
S
There are no "jobs" for non citizens on AC unless you BRING MONEY and create your own. I can almost guarantee that there is no skill, training or experience that you can offer that a native born Belizean does not already have and there are not enough jobs for them. They come first.
You gotta pay your dues. Earn money in your own country, save it and if you want to live in Belize, bring it so that you can set up a business that will employ local people.
Or save a little money, come and live as a tourist for a few months then go home when its gone and earn some more.
That's the reality. (Don't shoot the messenger please...)

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#15611 12/31/02 10:16 PM
Denice,
I even contacted Green Reef and The Nature Conservancy which both have active programs in Belize....and even though I'm a staunch environmentalist, I never thought about working within a liberal organization. Unless you create your own life, and aren't a drain on the country, forget about getting a "job". Make a career for yourself....live your dream. That's what I plan on doing.

Grace DeVita
#15612 01/01/03 12:56 AM
Denice Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies...you have responded with the same info that I have heard from others which is no surprise to me. So...say I have a business plan and some money and some investors....how much would it really take to start a small business in San Pedro that would employ a few Belizians....and who would I contact for the permits to start such a business???

#15613 01/01/03 02:51 PM
Check out www.investinbelize.com and look under 'information resources'. Plenty of good info and advice there.

#15614 01/01/03 08:00 PM
Denice Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the internet info there is alot of good information there. It appears that the best way to gain residency is through investment or to open and operate my own business. Having run large supermarkets for the last 30 years I should have no trouble successfully running a business, now all I need is the working capital and the investors...if you know of any serious investors have them contact me!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,469
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.