Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
OP Offline
N
I work on cruise ships, usually for 3 months at a time, and then get a month off.

It's that month off that I'd like to spend in Belize. But it has to be temporary housing. And cheap!

For example, in Las Vegas there's weekly apt.'s with a kitchen, utilities included, no deposit, no lease, utensils included and free parking for $150 a week. I don't realy like Las Vegas, though.

Are there similar weekly rentals in Belize? I would expect that the weekly rental cost would reflect the exchange rate. So, that would be a weekly rental in Belize with everything included for $75 a week.

I don't expect anything swanky, simple and decent would work just fine.

I'm not looking for work down there, either, so it's OK if there's no jobs in the area where the apartment 's located.

Where's a great, friendly town in Belize with extremely low rent where I can just arrive, make 5 phone calls and have a cool room for, say, $10 a night? Or better yet, where can I call to reserve the room before I get there?

Just about anything's better than paying 12 months of rent in the states when I only use my place 3 months out of the year.

Has anyone heard of any rooms/apartments/guest houses like that in Belize?

You will have no problem -I would think san Pedro is the place for you-just out of interest what would your daily budget be for food and drinks(I would suggest at least 10 more usd per diem)

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
HAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

C
C
Pedros Hustle would be perfect for you

I think he really needs to talk to Piasano regarding "budget" lodging.

E
E
YEAH, Chooch, I think you are right. I could't get by on $200.00 per day ! confused

Look for a deserted island...they have no telephones.

Gone fishing!!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
YAH....AND WITH NO WHORENDOUSLY EXPENCIVE INTERNET COSTS

Perhaps Hopkins or Placencia. Not sure it is what you are looking for tho.

C'mon, night_owl said he didn't need much, for example, you can have dinner at the night stands by Central Park for US$ 1.50. Apartments and studio's are cheap - after all the dollar in Belize is half of the US dollar (right on night_owl!) - just stay away from those expensive places like the new Backpackers Inn with Olympical swimming pool. And for drinks - not all of us are alcoholics - you can buy some of that typical homemade rum. San Pedro is the place to be!

Live and let live
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.