Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#159241 12/17/03 03:55 PM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I found round-trip ticketing from HotWire for my desired travel dates for $456 inclusive but have never used HotWire. I never have used them and was concerned abou their legitimacy because they will not specify airline and flight times until after ticketing. Can anybody tell me about them? Thanks!

#159242 12/17/03 06:27 PM
S
S
IMHO I would go another route.
They are legit, but you can easily get that fare from Georgia and know with whom you are flying and when...

Happy trails

#159243 12/17/03 06:32 PM
I've used Hotwire on a number of occasions and have always had good results, although they are not ALWAYS the least expensive alternative. It pays to do your homework. There are a limited # of airlines and flight times into Belize, if you do enough research, you can pretty much figure out what airline/flight you'll end up on.

#159244 12/17/03 07:13 PM
agree with pirate...pretty easy to figure this one out. And as others have said, they are not the cheapest necessarily.

They are, however, totally legit - owned by several of the major airlines who supposedly use this combine to sell their empty seats.

Try some of the other sites too. and don't overlook the airlines own websites, sometimes ya get a pleasant surprise.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#159245 12/22/03 12:26 AM
S
S
Consumer Reports, Jan 2004 issue:

A new study by Consumer WebWatch, a grant-funded project of Consumers Union, looks closely at Priceline.com and Hotwire.com, "blind" travel Web sites that promise great deals and big savings but keep you guessing until the last minute about which airline, hotel, or car-rental company you'll use. The study's conclusion: These bargains may not be worth the trade-offs.

The WebWatch study, involving 135 side-by-side comparisons with "open" sites such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, and Travelocity.com, found that the blind sites provided the lowest rates no more than 53 percent of the time. But the blind sites also have some major drawbacks:

� The sites charge booking fees.

� Reservations are nonrefundable.

� The sites usually don't allow you to earn frequent-flyer or guest points.

� Priceline.com, alone among these travel sites, may require you to change your departure or arrival dates, airport, hotel location, or type of rental vehicle before it accepts a bid.

<more details in the article>

http://www.consumerwebwatch.org/news/opaque/index.html

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.