BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16017 01/17/03 10:03 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Well, here I go...off to Belize by myself!!!! I'm trying to get my final decisions on lodging. I think that I'll spend three out of eight nights on Caulker, and the rest on AC. Any help on decent loding on Caulker would be helpful...say the $50-ish range? But that's not set in stone...
It seems to me that the vibe is ultra-mellow on Caulker and just a little more happening on AC. True? Thanks to all!

#16018 01/18/03 12:38 AM
T
T
Don't want to stereotype, but Caye Caulker seemed more like the dead-head, backpacker type of vibe. If that's what you're into, right on. The one thing for me was that there wasn't a lot of tree coverage (palm trees downed in hurricane and some kind of tree disease, I think), so it was swelteringly hot. And we couldn't find decent rooms in our price range (30-40 US per night). But we should have planned ahead. Ambergris is a bit more upscale. Placencia was my fave, vibe wise.

#16019 01/18/03 10:13 AM
My favorite low-moderate priced place on Caulker is Tree Tops, around US$35 double and often full, but someone looking for "mellow vibes" may not like it, as the owners, a Brit-German couple, run a fairly tight ship. You might look at a place like Tom's.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#16020 01/18/03 11:14 AM
Last July we had a beer at "Seaside Cabanas"
While waiting for the boat back to AC.
They look like a nice place to stay but may be a little more than the $ range you are talking about.If i remember correctly they quoted us $60us a nite.They are the first place on the left when you get off the ferry :p
WWW.seasidecabanas.com

#16021 01/19/03 11:06 AM
we really like the seaside cabanas also...

#16022 01/19/03 06:01 PM
SEASIDE IS FUN AND THE STAFF IS GREAT. WE ALSO ENJOYED SANDBOX RESTURANT BESIDE THE COMPLEX AND POPEYE'S JUST DOWN THE BEACH. YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT CAYE CAULKER.ORG FOR SOME OTHER OPTIONS NICE SITE

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
#16023 01/22/03 01:02 PM
Take a look at http://www.cybercayecaulker.com for more accomodation choices.
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com

#16024 01/22/03 10:26 PM
H
H
You could have a private small cabana at Tropical Paradise with a tv, a/c and fridge for close to your price. [email protected] is their email. They also have plainer non a/c rooms and cabanas for less. Restaurant on site. Nice dock to swim off.

The best accomodations are at Iguana Reef Inn. While they are priced higher than you wanted to pay you indeed get what you pay for. All rooms with a/c and stocked mini-fridge. No tv in rooms but in the lobby. Free coffee or tea in the lobby each morning. www.iguanareefinn.com is their website. They also have links to lots of things on the island of interest. New bar on site perfect for watching the sunset with a cool one.

Generally Caye Caulker is less expensive than Ambergris so it does attract a mixed crowd. The young backpackers discovering Central America know that they can get very basic lodging on the caye without blowing their budget. It's fun to talk with them about their travels.

I'm a good bit older and appreciate and can afford nicer lodging. More and more people like me are going to Caulker. I like it because it is quieter and there are no busy streets with cars. You can walk everywhere in minutes. It also stretches my budget enough to allow me to have several trips per year. Diving is good and low priced. Since I spend most of my time underwater I am usually too pooped to look for nightlife. They have a disco if you want to do the night scene and there are a few bars that have occasional live music. I often travel solo and always find people to talk to and have fun with.

You can tranfer between the two islands via water taxi and then when it's time to leave to the airport fly right to international from either island.

#16025 01/23/03 04:45 AM
I was happy at the Rainbow, had a great view of the ocean and airconditioning and a TV and it was $60 if memory serves correctly and that was on Christmas.

It had pretty good ventilation with the bathroom window opened and the front louvres opened and the fan on too. I was on the second floor.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day