Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#160472 01/29/04 11:16 AM
J
J
It has been a cold winter here in Boston also.We have had several day below 0. Actually 20 feels warm, but then again all we do is think about the best damn team in the "NFL" our Patriots & we all get a warm fuzzy feeling. Fourteen wins in a row & counting. Anybody going to be in AC first week of March. We are staying at Aqua Marina. Hope to run in to some of you sometime. I can't wait to be at the beach BBQ on Sunday. We usually go to Cozueml where we have time share, but my wifes brother is working at Aqua Martina & invited us down. We both love the laid back attitude & it only takes us about 5 mins. to get into it.

#160473 01/29/04 11:43 AM
For years our destination of choice was Cozumel, but we became disenchanted when the cruise ships started showing up. We could see the end of this beautiful destination when they added a stop light, then a second gas station. It's been about 6 years since our last visit there. You are obviously familiar with island time so you shouldn't have any culture shock. We always viewed the Cozumelenos as a very hospitable people and enjoyed them very much. Then the cruise ships came and they had to bring people over from the mainland to staff the resorts and businesses. That's when things went to pot (in my opinion anyway). You will find the hospitality in San Pedro to even excel what Cozumel had years ago. I have no doubt you will enjoy yourselves immensely.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#160474 01/29/04 12:33 PM
J
J
Hi Bobber, When in Cozumel we always check when the place is full of ships & just don,t go downtown if we can help it. Reading some of the posts about AC it sound like the ships are crowding in there also or is it Belize City where they go. We still like Cozuemel a lot & have made some great friends of some locals. The local Mayans on Cozumel are teriffic people & are very proud of there Island. My wife, Rose & I love the laid back type of vacations, as both our jobs can be quite stressful at times, but we also like to party hearty now & then when meeting some great people when traveling. Is there anything better then being next to the ocean in the Carib. with nice people,cool drinks,island food,island music & that nice hot sun bearing down? I think not. We are constantly asking ourselves, what the hell are we still living in the northeast for. Ten degrees this morning!!! Have a Great trip.

#160475 01/29/04 11:34 PM
kcjd Offline OP
OP Offline
Bankerwoman,

I just remembered a funny Burlington story...

Last year at Steamboat days as I was watching Trick Pony perform, what to my wondering eyes should appear eek confused

The Mayfly hatch. Absolutley the most bizarre entomological (hey I spelled it right), thing I've ever seen. Millions of them everywhere. Poor little devils such a short life. I hear they actually use snowplows up there to get them off the highway.

KCJD

#160476 01/30/04 09:20 AM
-26 this morning. My pugs opted to pee in the garage. 24 hours from now I will be at the airport.

#160477 01/30/04 10:40 AM
Jack and Rose, when we were going it was one ship, one day a week ( I think it was Wed). We always stayed at a big villa next to the Coral Princess and we would watch the ship pull in. The square was full of people and a few busses heading to the marine park. By dinner time there wasn't a ship tourist to be seen. They didn't eat at the restaurants as they had already paid for their meals back on the ship. Prices were always double around the square, but we could wander a block back and the prices dropped immensely. Imagine that. There was a lot of open space between town and San Francisco Beach, and we could hit Carlos and Charlies at 7 o'clock on a Saturday night and get a table immediately. The backside of the island only had one resort and two or three watering holes. On our last trip, I counted 12 big busses parked along the street heading out to the cruise piers. I would love to go back one more time just to see how it has "grown".

#160478 01/31/04 12:06 PM
C-C-C-COLD HERE! Minus 5, WC of -16, wish I was in Belize, but glad I ain't in Minnesota!

#160479 01/31/04 12:49 PM
S
S
kcjd: Not sure when you leave, we are already back. We got back in town on Monday night (11 pm) and it took almost an hour to scrape all the ice off of our car! HOpefully you are going sometime soon to get out of here before we get a foot of snow!!

#160480 02/01/04 10:41 PM
kcjd Offline OP
OP Offline
Sammy17.

Don't leave for another 18 days laugh

Not much snow this time so far. They had predicted up to 12", got about 1/2" of sleet and about 12 flakes.Sonds like there may be more later in the week. seems to hit on the weekends, real weird.

KCJD

#160481 02/02/04 03:05 PM
B
B
kcjd - Oh yeah, Mayflies are strange little entomological wonders around here. Disgusting at best. I live about three miles from the river so no problem up there but my bank is only a block away. Just walking on the street from your car to your office will result in being covered in a writhing mass of nasties. The I-74 bridge gets so slick with their squished bodies that Iowa and Illinois toss a coin to see which one is going to hook up the snowblades to shovel them off. And speaking of snowplowing, we had 1/2 inch of ice here overnight. Nothing like setting food outside your garage door and sliding uninterrupted into the street! 5 or more inches of snow to fall on top of it. Seems like when we get above 15 degrees, we get snow or ice, then furious wind. The joys of living in the Great Midwest! Enjoy the warmth of AC! eek

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.