Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16076 09/24/02 06:17 PM
J
OP Offline
J
We will be traveling from Belize City to Dangriga, Hopkins area and are looking for rates on a 4-wheel drive or jeep rental. Anyone out there have any suggestions??? Thanks everyone, JamaicaJoy

#16077 09/24/02 08:23 PM
D
D
My suggestion is to get a rental vehicle at the
Airport on arrival.

Will you be stopping in Dangriga? This is where I live.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#16078 09/25/02 09:10 AM
J
OP Offline
J
We own property in San Pedro, and will be there in May for several weeks.Our first trip was to Placencia, but due to rains we could not travel. So this trip we want to visit the Stann Creek area, Sarawee Village. We will need info om prices for 4WD, and lodging along the way. We will first be in San Pedro, and then go back to Belize City to start our trip,so is there a need to go to Golden airport again? What about finding 4WD rentals around the swing bridge area?

#16079 09/25/02 11:49 AM
D
D
e-mail me at
[email protected]

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#16080 09/25/02 02:11 PM
P
P
We have always received the best rates from Thrifty. They are located at the airport and also in Belize City. They are very good about picking you up or dropping you off where ever you want around Belize City. We email JoEllen directly at thriftybze.net for the best rates.

#16081 09/26/02 10:00 AM
There are several excellent rental agencies in Belize City. I agree that Thrifty is good. So is Crystal and others. I personally prefer Budget. (You'll find Budget is also the preference of several other guidebook authors covering Belize.) I've rented with Budget for about 10 years and have always found their operation to be professional and the folks who run it to do exactly what they say they will when they say they will. It's a high-quality operation, and since the same family also owns the Suzuki and Mitsibushi dealership their vehicles are usually low mileage and in top condition.

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#16082 09/26/02 10:17 AM
KBG Offline
Lans
At the airport, :rolleyes: I always check with Budget and then tell Crystal what Budget has offered and they almost always throw in something extra over Budget. I have always found Crystal's vehicles to be ok and used them to go to Hopkins and Placencia sp?). Give them a try.
KBG

#16083 10/02/02 05:26 PM
M
M
We rented a 4x4 Suzuki Jimmy from Avis Belize. I reserved the car via e-mails and a confirmation phone call from them in advance. We where very happy with their service and our Jimmy. They picked us up from the Muninicipal Airport and let us drop off the car at the Belize City International Airport without any problems. We would rent from them again. It brought back old Memories of my 4x4 Suzuki Samurai and my loved 4x4 Suzuki LJ80 (Looks like a Willy's Jeep)

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.