Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am planning a trip to South San Pedro March 11-19, 2004. I am curious about the local laws there concerning sunbathing. Are there nude beaches? Topless? What are the alcohol laws for walking around with an open container? Any ideas for having fun on a TIGHT budget? I have seen many things online, but would like to hear from locals with personal opinions about what is cheap and good as far as food and entertainment and lodging, rather than just by what the vendors online want to sell. I am looking for a "no frills room", but would like a bathroom. I plan on spending very little time in that room. This site has been very informative and fun, thanks a million to anyone who can help! I am joining my favorite local Dallas band, FFTN, they will be playing at Fido's 3/15-18. See you there! cool

Keep your clothes on, Belize is a proud country. Many Belizeans wear clothing in the water, to swim.
Many tourists try to do the nude scene, just to please the others and draw dog calls and hissing.

Have fun, do your band scene and respect the laws of Belize, Please.

The main page has listings of lodging in all price categories, I would suggest you try them.

Dining is everywhere, the choices are unlimited. You need to be there or read others travelogues to find the most reasonable establishments.

Some of these reasonable tips were just addressed. Look over the sights and read up on some, then enjoy your vacation smile

.........with your clothes on.

OP Offline
Thanks for your help. No stress, I have just as much fun with my clothes on. I just figured it would be best to know the laws ahead of time. From the info I've gathered so far on the area, AC seems to be very laid back and relaxed. Just what we are looking for. This site has a wealth of info that I have passed on to my accompanying friends and we all appreciate the efforts of the webmasters involved. We look forward to being able to share our great adventures here when we return home.

Have you checked into Lilly's or the Conchshell, for your accommodations?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

On your "open container" question - recent regulations make it illegal to walk around town drinking alcohol.
PS - that makes it illegal to drink whilst driving those golf carts too.

Taz, unfortunately the locals seem to be the only ones the police enforce this law on though. Many, many tourists walk the streets with open containers and nothing is said, but I have several friends who live there that were thrown in jail the day after the law changed a year & 1/2 ago. Tourists shouldn't drink in the streets, but I think most don't know about the law so the police let it go.

I think they use their discretion with regard to tourists walking with open liquor. I've seen the police thwart some tourists from doing it, however, they did not end up in jail.

K
K
Can someone shed some light on why this law was passed? I just can't see how walking down the street or beach with a bottle of Belikin could possibly cause a problem.

While waiting for our flight out, we walked across the street and each bought a belikin and headed back to Tropic. On our way back we were stopped by the police and asked where we were going with the beer. We told them back to Tropic, and they let us go. If we hadn't been leaving, I believe we would have been in some trouble. So, it's not just the locals.

Among other things, IIRC it was partly in hopes of reducing the number of broken bottles littering the town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.