Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beachy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey all,
Getting ready to go to the states and I am wondering if these priceline type websites really do offer fabulous hotels at silly low prices, and I am hoping for some feedback from anyone who has experience with these sites.
Thanks,
Chris

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
I've used Priceline very successfully for hotels, but never good luck for flights. I've bought 4-star hotels in NYC, Boston and DC for around $100 or less when the going rate is $239 or more. Just came back from NYC where I paid $96 for the NY Hilton when their website was quoting $279. Check some of the other discounteras ( cheaphotels.com hotles.com and see what the going rates are, then drop your bid by about at least 40%.

Hotwire seesms to work better, for me anyway, on flights - less so on hotels.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
you could take a chance on a raffel ticket for continental air fare!!! laugh call ernie!
where are you going to fly?

I'm a big fan of Priceline, have bought airfare and hotel rooms through their site. Paid $69 for a hotel in San Francisco at the entrance to Chinatown, unbelievable location for such a price. Of course, it was such a successful birthday that we didn't make it back to the room, so it was that much better that I paid next to nothing for it! Definitely give it a shot and have fun in Cali, hope the weather stays as nice as it's been.

"...these visions of Johanna make it all seem so clear..." -B. Dylan
Beachy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, We are headed for a week in Miami soon, and thought I would give the hotel discounts a try, I surely appreciate all the help.
Chris

Chris and Jen
I had great luck in booking my flights to Belize using Hotwire and also Onetravel.com.

Chris are you going to be there next week? We arrive on the 31st and will be there for a week. Given all the info I have seen on this board, Casa Piccaso is definitely a place to go for dinner. We are planning on it.
Larry

Beachy Offline OP
OP Offline
Larry:
Yep,
We'll be here, Just taking a bit of time out of April, there's a lull after Easter for a few days. I do hope you'll drop by when you are here! I like to put faces to the names on the board.
remember: Closed Sundays

Chris

Chris and Jen
I have also used hotwire and priceline both for flights and hotels.
I highly recommend it. A great way to save money - especially on hotels!
Laurie

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.