Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
We are coming down to Belize for the first time in May and will be staying in the Cayo district for a few days, then on to Ambergis Caye for 6 more wonderful days (if this forum is at all accurate, it will be fantastic!) We have traveled a lot, but can always learn from others experiences. We know there is a bunch of stuff that we need to bring, bug spray, extra film, batteries, etc. My question is:

What item or items did you wish you had brought either because it was too dog gone expensive in Belize, or it just couldn't be found, or what did you bring that was just dead weight? Just to make this interesting, humor is most welcome. (i.e. After comsuming mass quantities of the rum punch, my wife/hubby/GF/dog was totally useless and should have been left at home.)

T
T
my friend bengi and his brothers bengi, bengi, and bengi....also, a couple super models....

more underwear! (even though I have written down many many trips ago to bring every piece of it I own - I had to buy some!!!!)

J
J
Don't wear any, it's the tropics!!!!

yeah, yeah....

I just returned last Friday. I overpacked. Only bring shorts, t-shirts and bathing suits. I never needed the bug spray. Didn't seem to need it. Bring sun screen / tanning lotion. You'll need that. As for anything being too expensive...you're on vacation so if you forgot it...buy it.

ditto on bringing too many clothes...did better this time than last vacation...but still too much...spent almost every day in a bathing suit and a sarong...had several sarongs and just kept changing them...tied them up as a dress for evening dinners...all the clothes i needed could have fit in a carry-on bag! it's a VERY casual place.

could have used a small collapsible umbrella one day for the extreme heat/sun, lack of shade at times and no wind...but only one day...so not sure it's really worth bringing.

glad we had lots of aloe vera spray gel...cooling when you get too much sun...and lots of body lotion...great for dry skin after days of snorkeling...and small bandaids...used these again this year when lots of walking you're not used to produces blisters...this time it was my husband who needed them with his sandals rubbing!

also...bring a small pocket type notebook and pen to record the days events each evening...because you want to remember all the details when you write your trip report for us later!! wink

When I started out years ago I brought 2 full suitcases, then next trip it wnet down to a suitcase and a half.. then to 1 suitcase, then a small suitcase and now finally I am down to a grocery shopping bag.

Seriously, less is best here. Too many people over-pack way too much. eek

KBG Offline
YOU CAN PUT ALL YOU NEED IN A CARRY ON BAG, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS WAITING FOR THEIR LUGGAGE AT THE TURNSTYLE YOU ARE THROUGH CUSTOMS AND SITTING AT JETS AND COOLING IT. wink

Never figured Denny for a bag guy.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.