Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16200 02/24/03 07:22 PM
B
bonjoe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We are planning a trip in September and we just found out that Caves Branch will be closed for the month. We were planning on staying 2 nights on the mainland (specifically Caves Branch) before heading out to San Pedro. Is there anything else out there on the mainland that is a must see. We already did Lamani, horseback riding in the jungle and stayed a few nights at Caves Branch were we did a couple of tours with them. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

#16201 02/24/03 10:51 PM
G
G
hi there---

contact patrick warrior ([email protected]) for an overnight camping trip into the jungle, then tour actun tunichel muknal cave and surrounding area. you will never ever forget it. (do a search here & find LOTS of info!)

cheers---

gogo

#16202 02/25/03 01:28 AM
I can help with booking Patrick Warrior. He is in big demand these days! He mainly works out of the San Ignacio area and is not affiliated with any hotels. What are you looking for? Have I already been in contact with you or your sister about airfares? Sounds familiar....

www.barbsbelize.com

#16203 02/25/03 06:29 AM
B
bonjoe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
yes Barb she has been in contact with you. We were planning on doing the black hole drop overnight tour with Caves branch (group of 4). We were really looking foward to the overnight in the jungle / cave part. The overnight trip mentioned above seems very interesting. We were planning on staying on the mainland 2 nights and flying to San Pedro late that third day. I guess we are really up for anything but we did absolutely love Caves Branch and the tours that we did with them and are looking for something along those lines. Any information that you can provide would be greatly apprecaited.

#16204 02/25/03 10:33 AM
You might look at Pook's Hill. It's not far from Aktun Tunichel Muknal cave. The setting is beautiful, in broadleaf jungle, and the accommodations are very nice, in traditional Maya style thatch cabanas. Hot water heat by cohune nut fires! There's a Maya site on the grounds being excavated. The owners are U.K. folks who have been in Belize for many years. Highly recommended.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#16205 02/25/03 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Lan Sluder/Belize First:
You might look at Pook's Hill. It's not far from Aktun Tunichel Muknal cave. The setting is beautiful, in broadleaf jungle, and the accommodations are very nice, in traditional Maya style thatch cabanas. Hot water heat by cohune nut fires! There's a Maya site on the grounds being excavated. The owners are U.K. folks who have been in Belize for many years. Highly recommended.

Lan:

This is really not a reply, but because I couldn't find a way to post new I decided to attach to your post because you seem like an "old Belize hand" so-to-speak. If you were looking for land to build a small farm where would you recommend to look? Also would you tell me how to do new posts?
Thanks.
Ranter
--Lan Sluder

#16206 02/26/03 05:08 AM
H
H
Ranter, at the top right and bottom left of the page, next to the reply button that you used is the ADD TOPIC button.

As to your real estate question ... have you searched through the various properties on the realtor websites to see what is being offered?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.