Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#162142 03/31/04 12:05 PM
OP Offline
I will be in ac in the middle of july. i have booked a couple days of fly fishing. i have been told that the guides will have everything i need. ie. rods, flies ect. what i cant find out is if this is at an extra charge or if the price of the guide covers the equipment also. if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated.

have you asked the guide you have already booked? Seems yto me, that would be the straightest answer.......but WDIK? :p

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
The flyfishing guides do have access to flyrods...but using someone elses rod is like using someone else's wife. I'd bring my rod and reel if I were you, just in case. Eight weight is good for the Bonies, ten weight or so for Permit or smaller Tarpon. Good Luck!!

Gone fishing!!
Using someone else's wife? Great comparison Bill... eek

I have seen some where they would be better off not using their own. Especially when the weight issue is factored in. Fly rods, of course. laugh

thanks bywarren for clarifying that point. You pre-guessed my next question. laugh eek

Remember, there is that saying about boats, planes and now fly rods, " it is cheaper to rent them than own them". Of course if you have one of the older models and do not want to rent one of the newer, sleeker ones, you can do wonders with silicone. smile

T
T
someone once told me i had a fly rod, but she was exceptional....

OP Offline
ONLY A GROUP OF OLD SALTY FLY FISHERMEN COULD TURN A SUBJECT SO FAST. MY SIDES STILL ACHE FROM THE LAUGHTER. GREAT JOB PEOPLE. I'LL BRING MY OWN ALTHOUGH I DO LOVE THE ANALOGY. ROFLMAO.

Blue 48... let me point out here that it was you that started this discussion. Then Bill somehow drug his wife into it... and it went downhill from there. laugh eek

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.