Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
P
I would enjoy this thread if I could understand a word of it!!! I pressume that IFR is not an acronym for It's freekin raining, nor that ILS is I'm lost- shit.

PS. I do hope a little humour is tolerable in this serious subject as no one was hurt in this accident (well not yet anyway)

E
E
I guessed it was about time you went back to the hills ! Got too hot for ya. Don't be supprised if I give you a call one day, I love it up there. I will be on the island to finish arrainging the lunch program, just about there except for sourcing the food locally.

PS; casa Coracol, I like your definitions, they mean basically the same.

L
L
Bywarren has a good point: Now, I would bet they are suing for negligence per se. In California (and it is different in many states), there is a cause of action if the plaintiff(s) can show that the law was designed to protect them, the risk of the type of harm has in fact occurred as a result of violation of the statute or law and they suffered harm. All three must be present or no standing to sue. Harm (at least here in Calif) is not only emotional distress. There must be personal injuries which result in emotional distress.

This is scary that we might need Susangg back. eek An attorney from the past on this board for those of you new to the board. An interesting point of human nature, aren't some of you forming your positions based on liking the pilots or Belize as opposed to keeping an open mind and understanding that even though I might like someone, they are still responsible for their actions. I know enough about flying and the circumstance involved to believe that there is a cause for action here. I know there is enough in question that it needs to be examined by "authority" if nothing else than to prevent a future tragedy. It could very well be looked at that this could benefit pilots we like and make Belize better in the long run.

E
E
I would rather attempt a GCA at mid-night in zero-zero conditions than have Susangg back ! I still hurt from one of her blind side shots.

Originally posted by bywarren:
I know there is enough in question that it needs to be examined by "authority" if nothing else than to prevent a future tragedy.
We could beat this question to death all day long and still not reach an equitable decision. However, it would be interesting to review the transcripts pertaining to the case... then and only then could we attempt to speak intelligently on the subject. Using heresay or going by a newspaper account (and of course the newspaper isn't bias) or the story on TV... doesn't count at all.

Anyone, just because they may be versed in US law doesn't make a hill of beans unless they are well versed in Belizean law. Does anyone know where the case is? U.S.? or Belize?

US But it is will be decided on the basis international aviation law partly governed by the Warsaw Convention. So that is the law the attorney needs to know.

ah hah... then we need a lawyer who is extremely well versed in IAL.... not a regular run of the mill attorney. I can see and smell the money being spread all around... laugh

Your right, it will cost a lot of money which we all end up paying for in the long run. That is the system. You can curse it, criticize it, complain about it and postulate about it not being fare, but no one has come up with a better system as yet. I am much more content living in a society that has the rule of law and having to deal with all that comes with it, the Susanggs, law suits, etc. than not. smile

KBG Offline
Ernie,
Yes in those by gone days I flew out of an uncontroled airport, flying in a tail dragger Champ that we had to prop off, later would fly in anyting some would let me in. Remember flying into a controled airport with no license and failing to obey the control tower for a go around and had to go to the tower and meet with the tower operator. With no ticket and I was flying alone in a older Cardinal RG retractible gear, variable pitch prop job. (way over my head in airplace) After chewing me out real good the operator told me to get that plane out of his airspace and don't ever come back. Today no telling what would happen. Wonder how pickey they are about letting you fly around in Belize without a current ticket if you stay out of Bze International??? Don't have a specific date for SP yet but hope to go about middle of June or later in mo. wink wink

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.