Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#16616 05/19/03 02:13 PM
OP Offline
I'm trying to get some ideas of what would be a creative, memorable way to propose to my girlfriend during our trip to Belize this June/July.

We'll be there 9 days/8 nights and don't scuba (at least not yet). She's fairly adventurous so I can talk her into pretty much anything, but she's just started to get in shape, so strenuous hiking being involved probably wouldn't be much fun.

Anyone have any stories about proposals in Belize or creative ideas?

I can do anything, I just can't do everything...
#16617 05/19/03 05:27 PM
Have lots to drink-wake up with a hangover-feel guilty for looking and drooling over other raging beauties during the previous nights shenanigans,and then turn round and propose,and the you can go off drinking again to celebrate the answer.

#16618 05/19/03 06:04 PM
OP Offline
That's pretty much my plan for the week, except for the guilty part. I probably should throw in some semblance of a romantic intention for the trip though. At least this way it'll be different than a typical week wink

#16619 05/19/03 06:08 PM
Ok-we are obviously nearly there -after proposal throw her out of bed to make breakfast.When that is nearly ready go to the fridge and open a bottle of Dom

#16620 05/19/03 06:12 PM
HOW SWEET!!!
and with a sense of humor ta boot... lol
If it were me I would kinda want something private. A couple of suggestions come to mind...
You can hire a boat to take you to one of the remote Cayes and have a beach BBQ, OR have a restaurant prepare a meal for you at the end of a dock with wine, linen, candles, and all.
Ya know, Caribe Island Resort also has a Palapa in front of their resort I'm sure they could take the hammocks down and prepare a lovely dinner for you there right on the beach, or out on their dock as well.
Otherwise maybe a romantic boat ride to Capricorns (North of the cut) and let them handle everything as well.
She is a lucky gal, ya sure sound romantic to me! (except for the last comment) wink
Let us know what you decide...

#16621 05/19/03 06:33 PM
OP Offline
The romantic stuff is gonna happen anyway, I'm kind of looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, like maybe a deserted island that has nothing but a table with dinner on it and a letter with a ring waiting asking her to marry me. Something along those lines.

I really do like her, we've been dating now for about a year and a half. Never really thought I'd want to marry anyone till I met her.

#16622 05/19/03 06:42 PM
Portofino provide an end of dock dinner service,and they do it fantastically well- a deserted island with a table no chance-a deserted island to be dropped off,and to be picked up later with a picnic no problem(loads of choices).
Sounds like a long way from cold beer and your friends-maybe after breakfast walk down the beach holding hands and stop at the first bar that is open(now that is romantic)

#16623 05/19/03 06:46 PM
Perhaps take the Altun Ha tour on mainland and when stopping at Maruba Spa after the ruin tour, sign up for massage for the two of you together and then propose after your massage. Celebrate by toasting with some Viper Rum at the Bar. laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#16624 05/19/03 06:53 PM
OP Offline
Hmmm..

I'm thinking of something prepared a bit in advance (always a good touch with romantic doings) that is private and a suprise.

Have no doubt I'll attempt to save your souls from the evils of Belikin by drinking it all myself though.

In case anyone's curious, there is a picture of us here smile

#16625 05/19/03 06:53 PM
This is at Ian Anderson's Caves Branch:

Your first night in our private cabana suites overlooking the sunset and the Caves Branch River. THEN .. off into the abyss of the ancient Maya Gods where our guides will take you down 300 feet on rappelling rope into one of the most spectacular underground caverns found anywhere on the planet.

Your honeymoon experience awaits deep within the underworld, alongside a subterranean bubbling spring and waterfall. We love surprising couples with a sensuous sanctuary of candles, champagne, delicious treats and a flower-strewn bed, so we can't tell you the rest. But be assured your honeymoon setting will be especially prepared for you to tantalize your senses for 24 hours of awesome adventure and eternal tranquility.
They say it's for a honeymoon, but sounds like a perfect adventure for a proposal as well.
Their website is www.cavesbranch.com

Or check out Cayo Espanto if money is no object.

Good luck! I was married in Belize, so it holds such a special place in my heart.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,469
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.