Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
I removed my previous trip report and have modified it (in case you wondered laugh )

First, "somebody give me a docta"! (for Laurie)

Previously met folks I had the chance to see again: (boarders & residents):

Jet, LaurieMar, Margie @ Coconuts, Bruce & Charlene, Anthony, Peter & Charlie, Chris, Laurie, Debbie, Jackie o, Butch, Vicki, Dee o gee,

Folks I met this time around:
Steve & Coco, Erica & Sherlyn & Terry from Mata Rocks, Maria, Julie, Joe & Helen @ BCs, James, Gay & David, Roger & Skunk,... I'm sure I'm missing someone - I'm sorry if I have frown

Thursday arrival @ BZE:

Jets Bar - 2 Belikins while waiting for Tropic flight departure - Jet is now personalizing 8 1/2 x 11 pre-made souvenir papers. He's now commercialized! laugh eek cool

Met Erica and checked in to room #4 - perfect for me - upstairs in the corner overlooking the pool and bar. Mata Rocks is my new favorite place.

Friday morning after breakfast, Stopped in to Coconuts to say hello to Margie catching up on our news. Next - Island Internet to check my email - Met Maria. Then I headed for BCs where I consumed more of those Belikins while waiting for LaurieMar to arrive. After a few drinks we headed back to Caribe Island so Laurie could check in. Awesome place - I would have loved to stay there if my budget had allowed this time. Talked to Butch and then we headed to the Bar where we had an EXCELLENT dinner from their restaurant. Eating here should be a must on your list!

Saturday checked my email with the intentions of going in to town to go shopping. I never made it due to thunder storm. Just drank 3 beers before 10:30am instead! Chris called Pedro1 and we made plans to meet for lunch. After the rain stopped, Chris took me to his build site where they just broke ground for the 4 houses he is building. Cool place - wish I had the $$s to buy one. (Chris = Pelican Realty). Met Peter & Chris later at Rico's for lunch. I had the pleasure of meeting Julie as well. We had a nice lunch and then Peter commandeered Chris' golf cart and drove me around a bit. Went to his old internet cafe and met Steve the new owner (nice guy with the cutest puppy named Coco). Debbie was there - I knew her when she worked at Coconuts. Saw Laurie too (used to work for Peter). Next we went to the Stained Glass Pub.

Peter then dropped me off near the dock where I waited for LaurieMar to set out on the Lady Sharon for the sunset cruise with Dennis Wolfe. We had a blast. Rodney is a kick! Laurie brought Dr. Sam who jams with Barefoot Skinny on Sundays (plays the base guitar). The food was great also - we had red snapper. Later we had more drinks at BCs before returning to our hotels. Can't say that I remember getting home - except I thought it was an awful long walk. eek

Sunday was BCs at 11:00am. Had the seafood combo - outstanding! Ernie had the month off so Joe & Helen took good care of us. Charlene was a busy bee as usual. Those guys work their butts off on Sundays!

Laurie and I rented a golf cart and made plans to resume our Sunday after a bit of rest. Stopped Crazy Canucks for a drink and then met up again a few hours later for round two. We headed up the cut, parked the cart and walked onto the ferry. Next stop - Hammock House. Skinny and friends were awesome. We had a bit of food later too - excellent as well. Great spot - the view is outstanding. It should be on everyone's list on Sunday evenings. I think they will shut down for a month soon though.

Monday was my last full day so wanted to make the best of it. LaurieMar picked me up with out cart and we headed off to lunch at this wonderful place right next to the Backpackers Inn. Some crazy Brit served us excellent chicken, roasted potatoes, peas, corn and some very good red wine (although it took several people to open the bottle laugh ). We had to drop the golf cart off and then made plans later to meet for dinner.

Dinner was at Casa Picasso and was outstanding as usual. The cracked coconut dessert is worth the calories. The pasta was mui bien and Chris was the attentive host.

Sadly this was my last night - we were so wiped out from the past few days that we stopped by Crazy Canucks for a drink but didn't even want one - we stayed a while and just left.

Next morning I packed and then sat at the bar having a Belikin draft. LaurieMar stopped by
on a borrowed golf cart to say goodbye. We headed into town, I dropped off my luggage at
Tropic and then had one last drink at BCs. The rest of the journey home was uneventful and rather sad. I can only start planning my next trip to make me feel better.

As you can see - this trip was all about friends and visiting (and drinking). I didn't even get
in the water, other than the pool, once! I will leave that for next time.

Thanks for listening. I'll post the few pictures I took at a later date.

Be cool - you better Belize it!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Good time had by all...... wink

Thanks for sharing Gela smile

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Gela,
Good to see you again! Look forward to your next visit.
Cheerz,
Vicki

L
L
Well, just got off the phone with you Gela. We both are both back home in Northern California. What a tragedy! Somebody get me a doctor!

It was an awesome vacation - the best one yet!

As our Governor is famous for saying: "I'll be back!"

Hey Gela, did you see my Paisano?

Glad all of you had a great time on Ambergris.

Dare To Deviate
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Chloe - how are you? Yes, I saw Paisano - he stopped in to BCs while I was waiting for Laurie to arrive. He had a coke and then left. Forgot to mention him - oh well, guess no conch shells for me laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
this is livin the dream stuff .first class ..glad you had fun ,next trip will try to hook up ..and will invite you you on the yatch for fishing and snorking with the famous or infamous capt bicho ,it will be a great day ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey captjeff - I met two friends in Costa Rica this past May who love to fish. I gave them the website for Bicho. I think they are planning a trip to AC Nov 28 - Dec 8 - maybe you can show them the ropes! And of course, I will happily accept your invitation when our schedules match laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.