Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16706 06/04/03 01:40 PM
OP Offline
Since Tradwinds is unfortunately booked one of the days we'll be in Placencia, I've been looking for something "similar."

While different, Harry's and Mariposa both have a cabana available when we need it and are both within what we are looking for. I was hoping to get some input before we make a decision.

Harry's is right in town and has a fridge and bathroom, but no stove available. It's also $45.

Mariposa has a kitchen (which we're not sure if we'll need really) and has nicer cabanas, but they're $115/night and it looks like they're about a half hour walk to Placencia.

I'm leaning toward Harry's, but not by much. Anyone care to help me out here?

I can do anything, I just can't do everything...
#16707 06/04/03 03:06 PM
Mariposa is a nice place but the cabanas are set back from the beach and there's not much of a breeze. Rooms in the main house are great, though.

#16708 06/04/03 04:01 PM
Mariposa is definitely the nicer place. But if you don't have a car, it's a bit of a hike into the village, especially at night. Kitty's, though, is next door, and if you don't feel like walking into the village you can have a drink or a meal there. Harry's is more like Tradewinds.

Me, I would go with Mariposa, but I usually have a car.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#16709 06/04/03 05:04 PM
OP Offline
Thanks guys. Every little bit helps.

I emailed Dean Aarestad, who apparently does email reservations for Harry. Harry only takes cash though - when you show up, so I hope the reservation stands. Haven't heard back yet, but I just emailed a few hours ago.

We figured we'd save the $70/night and just cook out or eat in town. Maybe I can get a hold of a grill for the cabana to use for a few days.

I can do anything, I just can't do everything...
#16710 06/05/03 07:37 AM
G
G
Scott,
During lobsterfest, there are many street vendors for food, and not just lobster dishes. Just be aware that a lot of the village restaurants will be closed during that time as not to compete (plus they may have a food booth set up). We had no problem finding food the last couple of times I was there during the fest.
Right down from Harry's is Merlene's Restaurant and Ms. Merlene is a good cook. Although she cooks for the fest, I do believe she is still opened for breakfast and maybe lunch.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.