Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I'm likely gonna stay 5 nights out of 7 on Ambergris Caye. Was thinking of either spending first two in jungle/other location, and then moving to AC for my last five nights, or vice versa. Have to decide soon, any ideas? Thanks for the advice, in advance. This message board is great!

My personal choice would be to stay your first 2 nights on the mainland first, then finish up on AC. Since we don't know your interest it might be hard to suggest things to you. At the very least I would take in Altun Ha, Mayan ruins. Not as big or as impressive as some others, but you get the idea.

A
OP Offline
A
I think it sounds like Altun Ha is less touristy, more personal; am I correct? I think a jungle tour, see some ruins, maybe even a cave tubing trip. Nothing too wild, but more than a stroll on a nature path. Suggestions? Sounds like you know the place. Thank you in advance!

less touristy & more personal than what? It's small, but untouristy??? Hmmmm... depends upon cruisers.

My personal preference is Lamanai, but AH is good too, to get a feel. Or consider driving to San Ignacio area and checking out the jungle, rivers, and Xunatunich.

Stay on the mainland first, per advice from da judge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A
OP Offline
A
OK, sounds like a good plan. But can you offer specifics? I fly in Saturday afternoon. What would you recommend for my itinerary? I get overwhelmed by the websites but prefer to go w/advice from experienced travelers. Thank you.

ya know what they say..the best laid plans of mice and men.......

I never plan, go with the flow

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Fly in, go to San Ignacio (taxi to bus station or rent a vehicle & drive). Stay at Aguada, Cahal Pech Village, Smith Farm, Crystal Paradise, Log Cab Inns or Windy Hill for 2 nights. Do tours of ruins (can do Xunantunich & Cahal Pech in one day), maybe a cave or river trip (canoe thru Barton Creek Cave?). Bus back to BZ City, fly or boat to AC. Stay at MR or BB, snorkel, party, swim, lounge, eat great food, sadly fly home 5 days later.

Detailed enough? wink laugh

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
BK - that is a plan smile - pretty much all the detail anyone could need! Questions, just ask someone - everyone we met was friendly and glad to help.

A
OP Offline
A
OK, sounds great! I think I'll take the advice and find a place near San Ignacio. I should be able to get a taxi in the afternoon on Saturday from the International Airport to the Belize City Novelo's bus station, and there to San Ignacio. I would like to be able to do a 1/2 day Bartons Creek tour and go wander at Xunantunich on Sunday (staying Saturday and Sunday nights at one of the above listed). But Monday is a national holiday there, and I was wondering what the services will be like if I try and get a bus that day in the morning back to Belize City and then fly to San Pedro same day. Anybody know? Thank you!

I'm pretty sure the busses will run a regular schedule on Monday. Anyone local know for sure?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.