Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
barfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi, brand new to this! My husband and his buddy want to come to Ambergris Caye Jan. 3 to Jan. 10.
Haven't had any luck getting any answers by email.
They changed their mind about staying on the beach, so they are lo0oking for a cheap place to stay,but can't seem to get thru on the phone to any of the places that I've come across!
Would also appreciate anything about the fishing, like to bring your own rods? or do they furnish in the price? etc etc etc.
So, if anyone can help, I know the guys would be so grateful. Time is marching on and I haven't been able to make reservations. Thanks again soooo much if anyone can help.
Thanks, Penny

Give it some time. Many places only check their email once a day. If you can't get thru by phone either, there may be wire trouble effecting both phone & email. Anyone know if the lines are down?

G
G
barfly, you might more response if you gave us a little more info: what places have you contacted? What amenities are they looking for? There is alot of fishing info on the board, try the search function at the top.

B
barfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for replying. It sems the 011 area code is "out of order" so I haven't been able to place a call. I emailed 3 different places last week but I did not hear back.
This will be there first trip and they just wanted a cheap place to stay, they figure all they'll need is a place to shower and a bed.
Not knowing the 'lay of the land' and trying to get this done for the guys is kinda frustrating!
I tried Ruby's and Martha's and one other, can't remember the name. Is there a boat charter place that is close by, or fishing rental ??
Any suggestions would be sooo welcome and thanks again for everything. Penny

011 is the US access to the International Phone system...it has nothng to do with Belize and I seriously doubt if it's "out of order" (especially since I've been on the phone to France, Brazil, Italy & Mexico all day).....perhaps your LD phone carrier also requires you to dial a "1" first - some do, some don't.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
B
barfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
OK , sorry I will try putting the 1 in front, before it just kept telling me my call coud not be completed as dialed.
Anyway, can you recomend a boat or guide or whatever it is that you have to get to go fishing?
Thanks again, Penny

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
klc, are you bragging - or arranging drug deals? wink

E
E
I think he's looking for money to cover his check.

barfly go to the previous fishing posts ...I do a post each month on fishing go each month as it is my thing !!!and love to reef fish .there are many great guides here ,I use fishingsanpedro.com the famous capt bicho .e mail is fishingsanpedro.com or call 011 206 2191 but book early as he gets sold out . I come down each month and love the fishing and the people in sanpedro . any fishing questions about the reef or flats fishing you can e mail me [email protected] or call me 1 800 231 7447 est.will love to help you live the dream as I have for so many others ...tight lines to ya..

Living The Dream Every Day!
both law & E are in the ballpark (somewhat, possibly)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.