Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
syzen Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey guys. We are going to be visiting here for the first time in Feb and staying at the BYC. Want to take a measure of the best of the high end, mid, and low end great spots to eat! Also want to know the best grocery stores (particularly those close) and also is non-alcoholic beer available and if so, where! If not, is there a way we can get some? cool

Thanks so much for your help in advance! We do dive travel a lot and don't like to follow guide books, but have learned tons from local feedback and previous visitors of the same mind!!!!

Susan

syzen here are capt's jeff top of class. I go each month and love the different restaurants here . just to name a few in am ,estelles on the beach ,great fried jacks ,eggs, homefried potato's., fresh juice . great huge breakfeast burrito.. no visa or master cards!! cash only .................

statined glass pub ,great lunch,home made bread ,chef /owner marie and jim nice people..also do great dinner's fresh seafood I bring in my fish/lobster that I catch for her to cook .a must place to eat ...... they take master /visa cards

casa picasso another husband and wife team good food wonderful martini's ,fun place I go on fri's for piaella ,also killer deserts,cracked coconut you got to have this wow?? chris and jennifer do a super job and will make your vacation special.. they take all credit cards

tate of thailand great thai food and you can order it not spicy ,try the capt jeff pork named after me !!!!john and tippy have a very small place so make a resavation they take visa /master cards

jade garden very good chinese,food the best egg rolls in the world made when you order ,try shrimp and black bean sauce.fried rice ,excelant.dishes ,they take all credit cards

..ccocina carama owner rennee and staff up,beat local belize and mexican food good choice 's very good prices they take visa/master cards

there are so many others all are priced right.. check around for your budget but all no more then state side prices in some cases a little less ,, but you are on vacation just named a few of my personal best of the best ,,go live the dream and enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Wow! Member #7000! This place is gettin' huge! We loved everyplace we ate - not a bad meal the whole 2+ weeks.
Our favorite "fancy" place - Casa Picasso hands down - second Cap'n Jeff - DO NOT miss the cracked coconut. We also really enjoyed the Lion's club BarBQ - tasty chicken and nice cold beer! Can't beat that low low price + the joy of knowin' you're supporting a good cause. Middle of town every Friday night! Have fun - you're gonna love it!

A few of my favorites in no particular order:

Tastes of Thailand - fabulous thai food - Tippy is an amazing chef and John a wonderful host
Casa Picasso - homemade manicotti to die for - incredible cosmopolitan's and lemon drops - Jen is the chef and Chris the front man - very nice, funny friendly, people
Ali Baba's - the best fresh hummus, babaganouch, falafel and pita bread (made on the spot) I have ever had - just moved to new spot by "The Palms" - Omar is very friendly - I hope he is doing well
Cannibal's - great potato boats and people watching
Stain Glass Pub - wonderful wonderful chef and funky pub atmosphere - loved it for lunch
Capricorn's - lovely romatic setting and lovely food and service
Mambo's - up North at Mata Chica - romantic - great food and service
Jade Garden - best egg rolls hands down

syzen - have to "third" captjeff - Casa Picasso was our favorite for an upscale meal and drinks - the cowboy marguarita was my favorite. Desserts to die for, also. Jade Garden was worth a repeat visit, and Tastes of Thailand would have been if we had more time. captjeff is right - does not have to be hot. We stayed south of town and were lazy about trying a new place for each meal, so I can't comment on any of the others. Enjoy!

I can not believe ya'll all forgot "The Jerk PiT"

spyder great place just too spicy and not enough variety for me ??? but people do love it.

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
syzen Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You guys are great! Keep the ideas coming! Also, best grocery and is non-alcoholic beer available anywhere?

Mucho gracias

Susan

Just got back Thursday and can second the graciousness of Taste of Thailand and Casa Picasso. For cheap, the deli-bakery at Rubie's will feed you breakfast for about 3 bucks US. Celi's across the street is good as well. Mickey's on the middle street is great for very pleasant non-smoking space with good reasonable food. Closer to your hotel, Monkey Bites has chocolate chocolate chip cookies that are fabulous and tasty specials. Jam-Bel's Jerk Pit wasn't that spicey, and like every other place, strangely enough, has killer cole slaw. Have fun!

The Reef had great seafood -- try the combo plate -- they gave us free ceviche and a rum punch. Estel's is awesome -- right on the beach -- wonderful coconut pie (her Mom's recipe). Best ceviche at Caliente. Papi's had fantastic lobster. George's on Coconut drive has great seafood, burgers and Belizean food. Antojitos Telmos for "to go" snacks like tacos. Monkey Bites has awesome fry jacks and johnny cakes. 1 + 1 Fast Food for fried chicken/fried rice or french fries for $2.50 US (a big local hangout) -- have a picnic at one of the tables on the beach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.