Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#170241 12/08/04 04:24 PM
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Anybody every heard of these fine folks? They are in San Jose CA. I've gotten 3 intruder alerts today saying they are attempting to 'access my system'. Looked them up and they are an internet service provider.

My computer has never told me someone is trying to access it before. Has this happened to you?

One of their customers, most likely not them, is trying to access your system. Keep that firewall up & running. Happens ALL the time. Send them all the techie data identified by your firewall and maybe you can just help put the low-lifes outta biz!

I'm surprised you've never experienced this before. Just put up a firewall? or a new one? Most allow you to turn off the notifications but still maintain a log of all activity. Check it out, you may learn more than you ever wanted to know!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Honestly I don't know if we have had a firewall before or not. I think I know just enough to fry my computer....laugh.... We hired this new computer company though and I think they put in this firewall. Kindof funny, they are Chinese, and the first day they were in here working they hooked some gadget to my computer and everything was in Chinese!!! I looked over his shoulder and I know my eyes were huge......

Whom were you referring to in your post when you said send THEM all the techie data? Who is them?

Originally posted by MALIBU:
Anybody every heard of these fine folks? They are in San Jose CA.
I think THEY ( Covad Communications )are THEM. eek

Usted está correcto, Denny

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.