Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
The BDF or the GOB could never be capable of operating this acft. The expense of trying to get it out of BC and to the arpt. will be way more than they could ever hope to recover. The actual value is probably zero. The best thing they could do with it would be to cut it up where it is and give it to the Mennenites. They can make all sorts of cool things out of it.

I vaguely recall a confucious saying about airplanes and crack ups.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
M
M
Crack up? The BDF or GOB can't operate this plane because they are not capable of flying it or because the plane is not capable of flying? I hope you think it's because the plane is not capable of flying, cause otherwise, some of the BDF pilots who trainned at Sandhurst with the RAF might be offended by your comments. By the way, this is not unusual, planes used to land on the Northern Hywy often enough, that metal bars were erected along the side of the road to prevent the wings from passing thru. As for the cargo, you'll see it before we do. It's headed your way. Supply and demand and that ras.

Maya Travel Services
yep Maya,that is what I meant when I said no mystery where the cargo is headed. So many things happen elsewhere that ends up affecting us all. This shouldn't be viewed as just a Belize concern, unfortunately the US remains the big marketplace.

That's right mayatravel: maybe just some Belizeans getting some "expensive vehicles, boats, condos in Miami and going to Paris for vacation". Let's just hope they don't spend it all and they leave enough for the kid's college education. laugh

C
C
Considering the acft is an AN-26 with no history(engine, airframe logs)the acft is not airworthy.
The engines are condemned due to lack of logs.

The AN-26 burns 265 gals per hr making it unlikley that the GOB could afford to operate it(fuel is the least of the operating costs). There have been times when the BDF Airwing was grounded from training flights due to lack of funds.

The Acft GW is 52,000 lbs. with 2800 hp per engine. The biggest Multi engine type the BDF Airwing pilots have any experience in is a BN2 at 6500 lbs GW and 300 hp per engine. To recieve type spacific training, they would need to go to Cuba or E. Europe for an extensive training course(min crew to operate it is 3).

No disrespect meant to the BDF pilots or the GOB. It is just a fact that it is not fiasable to try and operate this particular acft.

Give it to the Mennonites. Let them cut it up, make tortilla pans. Get an engine running to generate reliable electricity.

Mayatravel: a 52000 lb acft hasn't landed on the NHW.

Convert the cargo plane to a bed and breakfast, rental.

Dare To Deviate
I was thinking chicken coop, but yours is a much better idea, Chloe - such a unique adventure

E
E
Crackup, your knowledge of aircraft seems extensive. Where does this come from.?

Another example of how sometimes a person's comments can be mis-construed due to a possible bias. It was inferred that crackup's comments were intended to show criticism toward Belize pilots, when in fact, they were based on the actual logistics involved. The comments, wrongly perceived to be critical, were then answered with criticism.

It is kind of like the other discussion about the cruise ships. One could para-phrase some of those comments, wrongly I hope, to be perceived like this: "Hey, we invited you to come to our country but we do not expect you to voice any opinions about our country that we might perceive to be critical because your country is bigger than ours and has more problems than we do. So let's not get into any discussion about my country, unless you just want to want to talk about how nice it is, just come down here and spend your money. We love tourism, were just not sure if we like you tourists. And, we certainly do not want to here your opinions."

A bit sarcastic maybe, just offered to stimulate thinking, not intended to offend, although if a person has a bias and does not keep an open mind, I guess it could be taken as offensive. Sometimes I just say what is on my mind. It is a good thing I am not still in business and have to be careful how I talk about my customers.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.